Tesco Antibacterial Hand Gel

Tesco Antibacterial Hand Gel

Travel Healthcare - Travel Hygiene - Hand Gel

Review of "Tesco Antibacterial Hand Gel"

published 31/03/2012 | cornishchic
Member since : 27/07/2011
Pro Kills 99.9% germs, drys well
Cons Runny
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Cleans hands well"

I always have a hand gel of some sort in my daughters changing bag, changing a dirty nappy isn’t the cleanest of tasks so I like to know I’ve got something there to give my hands a clean afterwards. I usually use Carex, but since trying to save a little bit of money I’ve down branded to Tesco’s stores own antibacterial hand gel.

The hand gel

The hand gel comes in a see-through plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. The gel inside the bottle is clear. The bottle proclaims that the antibacterial hand gel kills 99.9% of germs.

The gel itself has quite a runny consistency, I find one pump of the bottle is more than enough to clean my hands. It feels cold once it comes out of the bottle but after rubbing your hands around it does warm up and disappears after a short space of time, leaving no evidence of a sticky residue or anything.

The hand gel contain aloe vera extract although you couldn’t really tell just by smelling the gel. It has a soft fresh scent to it, but nothing overpowering and you really have to sniff to smell any faint scent.

As for the claim that it kills 99.9% of germs, I’m not sure, I’m not some magical scientist that can see the germs and if they die off. But it does give you peace of mind that it leaves your hands clean and fresh again.

The size of the bottle means it is easy to transport. Like I said before, I keep one in my daughters changing bag and it fits in easily, it is also small enough to fit in a hand bag too. Perfect for clean hands on the move.

Overall

At 75p for a 50ml bottle, it is a lot cheaper than Carex and does the same job, although the consistency is a little more runnier than Carex it still cleans my hands well and I will probably continue to buy Tesco’s stores own brand antibacterial hand gel.

• catsholiday published 31/03/2012
    Took this one with us this trip and it worked just as well