cornishch... 5

cornishchic

About me: merry christmas :) I've given 13k more rates than I've received - crazy!

Member since:27.07.2011

Cleans hands well

31.03.2012

Advantages:
Kills 99 . 9% germs, drys well

Disadvantages:
Runny

Side effects

Effectiveness

Price£0.75

29 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Coloneljohn
  2. Expired-Account
  3. KateHurst
  1. anonymili

I always have a hand gel of some sort in my daughters changing bag, changing a dirty nappy isnít the cleanest of tasks so I like to know Iíve got something there to give my hands a clean afterwards. I usually use Carex, but since trying to save a little bit of money Iíve down branded to Tescoís stores own antibacterial hand gel.

The hand gel

The hand gel comes in a see-through plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. The gel inside the bottle is clear. The bottle proclaims that the antibacterial hand gel kills 99.9% of germs.

The gel itself has quite a runny consistency, I find one pump of the bottle is more than enough to clean my hands. It feels cold once it comes out of the bottle but after rubbing your hands around it does warm up and disappears after a short space of time, leaving no evidence of a sticky residue or anything.

The hand gel contain aloe vera extract although you couldnít really tell just by smelling the gel. It has a soft fresh scent to it, but nothing overpowering and you really have to sniff to smell any faint scent.

As for the claim that it kills 99.9% of germs, Iím not sure, Iím not some magical scientist that can see the germs and if they die off. But it does give you peace of mind that it leaves your hands clean and fresh again.

The size of the bottle means it is easy to transport. Like I said before, I keep one in my daughters changing bag and it fits in easily, it is also small enough to fit in a hand bag too. Perfect for clean hands on the move.

Overall

At 75p for a 50ml bottle, it is a lot cheaper than Carex and does the same job, although the consistency is a little more runnier than Carex it still cleans my hands well and I will probably continue to buy Tescoís stores own brand antibacterial hand gel.

catsholiday 31.03.2012 14:20

Took this one with us this trip and it worked just as well