Review of "Tesco Baby Head to Toe Wash"

published 24/06/2003 | AlexW
Member since : 26/11/2001
Pro Cheap, effective, non-irratant
Cons NO Johnson smell
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
Does the product work?
Tangle free agents

"Wow mummy these bubbles taste great"

I am hoping I am not the only person whose child has at some point decided to eat the bubbles whilst in the bath.
Anna does this on a regular basis, as I lean her forward to clean her back she chomps a mouthful in, in fact she is eyeing them up the second she gets in the bath.

I used to use Johnsons bedtime bath but she did the bubble thing and was very sick so I stopped using it as I was worried about the effect.

I now use this tesco wash as it does foam up like bath foam and the bubbles dont make her sick (trying to stop her is impossible)

Right on to the actual product itself. I buy it in the 500ml bottle for about £1.79 but watch out for the 2 for 1 offers they often do as its even better value then. Anna has been using this every night for about 3 months now and she has used 1 full bottle and about a third of another so you can see that a little goes a long way.

It has a very mild formula that as well as not making her sick when she easts the bubbles, also doesn't irratate her eyes.

It foams up very nicely and works well on skin and hair, although her hair is very fluffy after use.

The smell is very light and not hugely noticeable, it also doesn't have a distinct baby smell like Johnsons and the smell doesn't seem to linger on her either. It basically has a clean almost springlike fragrance.

I would reccommend this to anyone who wants to save a few pennies on essentials but still wants quality.

• Fruity_Tart published 18/07/2003
    Nothing will ever move me from Johnsons. :o) Chris x
  • wardenblw431 published 01/07/2003
    You are not alone - My son always ends up with bubble burps anytime he has a bath. Jules x
  • LBoy published 26/06/2003
    Good choice for switching to Tesco own brands. Johnsons Baby products include ingredients tested on animals.