Tesco Bathroom Cleaner Spray

Tesco Bathroom Cleaner Spray

Bathroom Cleaner

Review of "Tesco Bathroom Cleaner Spray"

published 25/07/2011 | marsland1
Member since : 03/05/2010
A Merry Christmas to you all, many thanks for all your RRC x
Pro cleaned well
Cons wasn't as easy to remove some stains as other products
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Not bad for a value product"

I bought this from Tesco when I decided I needed to try to stop buying brand names and try to find bargains instead. I thought that although it didn't really look very inspiring that it cleaned very well and was quite a bargain at just £1 for 500mls which lasted quite some time.

I am trying to cut back my spending since we have had the kitchen re-done and also have a big holiday next year to save towards. In my quest to save the pennies I have been trying out supermarket own brands with several products. This Tesco's Bathroom cleaner is one of those examples.

The spray comes in a very boring looking white bottle which isn't see-through so you have no idea what the liquid inside looks like. The picture on the front just shows a gleaming looking bathroom so you are left to guess what the smell is. Usually you can guess by the colour of the bottom or by a picture appearing on the bottle but with this it's pretty plain!

I don't expect an interesting looking bottle when it is only for cleaning, however, it would be nice to have an idea just upon looking at it what it would smell like!

The bottle is easy to use just like any other cleaning bottle of this sort. It has grooves in the neck designed to make it comfortable to hold and the trigger is easy to press. When you pull the trigger the spray will come out if you have turned the nozzle to 'on'. This is a safety mechanism. The spray does spray out quite dramatically, by this I mean it's quite a wide spray so it's best to get close to your area if you don't want it to spray everywhere!

The smell is rather strong of zesty lemons and it lingers in your bathroom for quite some time. I do not really like lemons or oranges being used in cleaning products so whenever I use this I do open the window to try to help it air off as quickly as possible!

You spray it onto the surface and then wipe it away revealing a shining looking bathroom suite. I did have to rub quite hard at the limescale areas on the sink around the taps, this cleaning product didn't make it that much easier but it did clean it well. My bathroom did definitely look as though it had had a good clean and it did sparkle a little bit which was nice! There's nothing quite like the satisfaction of cleaning and for it to actually look like you have too!

I am pleased with this as it did clean my bathroom to a good standard. The smell is rather strong so it isn't ideal for me but for £1 I am willing to overlook that. It's worth a buy if you are looking for a bargain. I've knocked 1 star off for it not giving you any indication that the smell of lemons is going to be so dramatic and for the fact it didn't remove limescale as easily as other cleaners do.

• Coloneljohn published 30/07/2011
    So long as it does the job. Thats all that really matters not the name. John
  • emi_angel published 25/07/2011