Tesco Bathroom Cleaner Spray

Tesco Bathroom Cleaner Spray

Bathroom Cleaner

Review of "Tesco Bathroom Cleaner Spray"

published 06/04/2012 | Gingerkitty
Member since : 24/03/2012
Pro Effective cleaner, leaves surfaces sparkling, inexpensive
Cons Smell is quite overpowering
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"One of Tesco's more effective cleaning products"

I'm always on the lookout for a bargain when it comes to cleaning products, as I find the cost of these items tends to add quite a bit onto the weekly grocery shop. This is one of my favourite Tesco cleaning products and I rarely venture away from this brand when it comes to bathroom cleaners. I use the Tesco Bathroom Cleaner rather than the Tesco Daisy brand.

Price and Availability

The cleaner is available from Tesco (obviously!) and is currently priced at £1.12 for 500ml. They have a special offer on sometimes where you can buy two 500ml bottles for £2.00. I always like to put prices in context with other products, so in view of that you would pay £1.99 for 500ml of Flash bathroom spray.

The packaging

The cleaner comes in a white bottle with a nozzle spray. You turn the tip of the nozzle to the 'ON' or 'OFF' position as required, so it is good from a safety and leakage point of view. The bottle is white with a blue label, and looks basic but clean. We keep ours in the cupboard anyway so it doesn't really matter how fancy the packaging is, but to be honest it's not dissimilar to the Flash bottle.

The product

I was tempted to reel off the ingredients of this product but I'm not sure that adds any value to this review. Instead, I will tell you about the ease of use and cleaning results.

The product is very easy to use and is similar to most bathroom cleaners in that you simply spray the surface to be cleaned, leave it for a few minutes and then wipe clean with a damp cloth. It does state you might need to do this twice for heavily soiled surfaces, but I've had plasterers using my bath to fill up their buckets and I've never needed to do it more than once. You're not supposed to leave the spray on too long, but I've been distracted for up to ten minutes and it's never caused any damage.

Cleaning Results

The results from this spray are superb, and the bath suite always comes up white and sparkling without any heavy scrubbing or elbow grease. The product can be used on various surfaces, but it does warn you to try an inconspicuous area if unsure. I use it on my bathroom tiles, sink, bath, shower screen, mirror, taps and toilet. It doesn't leave any white marks but wipes clean, and leaves surfaces sparkling.

The downside

The only thing I'm not so keen on with this spray is the smell. I find it quite strong and I always make sure the windows are open and the room is well ventilated before spraying. I presume this is due to the strong cleaning ingredients used, so I would expect this with any bathroom cleaner. I guess the price you pay for the cheapness of this product is that they don't bother to try masking the smell or making it more inviting by disguising it with a lemon fragrance for example.

My Experience & Conclusion

When I first tried this cleaner I took the chance that it might not clean as well as the leading brand but at least it was cheap. As it turns out, it's one of the rare products that I'm loyal to, because it provides excellent results and is good value for money. I have used this product in my bathroom whilst we were renovating our house, and at times the shower and bath were filthy. Along with plasterers using the bath to fill their buckets, we had drilling going on (only a man would drill over a sink without covering it first!), and filthy soot-covered hands being washed in the sink. This bathroom cleaner coped with all these things, so for everyday splash marks and general dirt it's a doddle. As long as you ventilate the room, you'll have no complaints about this spray.

(This review was originally posted on Dooyoo, September 2011)

• greenierexyboy published 06/04/2012
    If it's on special offer...
  • gaz_close published 06/04/2012
    might have to give it a bash! good review.