Chocolate Cake

Review of "Tesco Brioche Chocolate Chip Rolls"

published 01/06/2013 | mumsymary
Member since : 23/09/2002
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, Wishing you all the best in the future, sad to see an end to ciao . been here 15 years now it will seem strange not to rate and review here
Pro chocolate
Cons caloriee
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Ooo la la , chocolate chips in these Tesco Brioche rolls"

Tesco Brioche Chocolate Chip Rolls

I must admit that I do not buy these Tesco Brioche Chocolate Chip Brioche rolls but my daughter does. Sometimes when I visit she has just been to the supermarket and bought them as a treat for the children.

There are 8 of these Tesco Brioche Chocolate Chip Rolls in a clear plastic bag. They cost £1.60 for the pack which is 20p per brioche. I think this is a good price for a bun treat.

Each of these chocolate chip Brioches weighs about 35g. They look a bit like a short finger roll with chocolate chips.

A Brioche is a sweet French bread Made with milk and eggs.
These Tesco chocolate Brioche rolls contains Wheat Flour ,Milk Chocolate Chips ,Sugar ,Water ,Pasteurised Whole Egg ,Vegetable Oil , so be warned those with allergies it does contain , Milk, Wheat, Gluten, Egg & Soya and is made in a factory where the equipment was used to make products containing nuts previously

Each Chocolate chip Brioche has 135 kcal for full info read the packet or go to http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=251931698.

Once opened, if you do not eat them all store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. They do keep fairly fresh for a couple of days, see the best before on the pack when you buy them.

These brioche’s have a soft texture they are not a stodgy bun. These create fewer crumbs than a chocolate croissant which my grandchildren also love. They do taste sweet. There is a reasonable scattering of chocolate chips in each brioche (this is why the children like them). These make a very acceptable tea time treat, or in fact treat at any time of the day. These chocolate chip brioches are quite satisfying and filling.

If the school topic is France then these would be ideal as a French food to give a child. From a quick bit of research on the internet just now I discover that the first time the word brioche was used in print for a bun like this was in France in the early 14 century.
So would I recommend them? Yes they make a nice fairly cheap treat.

I think the packaging must have changed see the photo here I got it from the website as ours was thrown away.

• ilusvm published 20/07/2013
    I love these! Nice review
  • mc_uk100 published 01/06/2013
    I think I'm going to buy these online right now.
  • pinky50 published 01/06/2013
    I like the sound of these, must buy some real soon, thanks hun x