Tesco Brioche Chocolate Chip Rolls

Tesco Brioche Chocolate Chip Rolls

Chocolate Cake

Review of "Tesco Brioche Chocolate Chip Rolls"

published 01/08/2013 | daylehall
Member since : 02/07/2004
Happy New Year everyone :-)
Pro Convenient, tasty, clean to eat
Cons Only available at Tesco
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Brilliant Brioche"

After having my daughter, I took a year off for maternity leave and returned to work in March this year. My partner and I both work shifts and childcare is arranged between both of us, as well as my parents and then occasionally Molly has to go to nursery. Molly loves her food so I like to make sure that she has a nice packed lunch to take with her when she goes.

Packaging
Tesco’s Chocolate Chip Brioche come in a clear plastic bag with the product name written on the front. All the usual information such as ingredients is written on the back of the bag. Each bag contains 8 Brioche rolls.

Cost
These chocolate chip Brioche rolls cost £1.60 for a bag on eight which makes each Brioche cost 20p which I think is pretty good value for money.

Chocolate Chip Brioche
Brioche is a sweet French bread made from eggs and milk. I find that they are a great lunch item for children as they do not create loads of crumbs so are actually quite tidy for a toddler to eat (something any parent of a toddler will appreciate!) These brioche have a lovely soft texture and in some ways are similar to a croissant, just without the crumbliness. They aren’t at all greasy which is a great bonus as it creates less mess. They taste quite sweet and buttery and the chocolate chip adds to the taste and texture without making the brioche too sweet.

Variety
As well as these chocolate chop brioche, you can also get them in other flavours including chocolate, strawberry and lemon curd.

Ways To Eat
Since buying these Brioche for Molly, it would simply be rude if I didn’t try them myself too. I have found several different ways in which to enjoy these little rolls. Obviously you can just eat them as they come, straight from the packet. A more indulgent way of eating them is to pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to allow the chocolate chips to melt and the fleshy part of the brioche to warm up. I really enjoy eating them this way and it really does make the brioche seem like more of a treat when it is eaten warm. Finally, my partner enjoys these brioche by cutting them in half and buttering it!

Summary
I think these Brioche make a great little snack item and they are also brilliant for children’s lunch boxes. I think they offer excellent value for money at only 20p per brioche and they actually stay pretty fresh for at least 3 days if they are opened and the bag is re-sealed.

• chrisandmark_is_here published 03/08/2013
    These sound lovely x
  • SweetTooth93 published 01/08/2013
    I love these..I do the microwave trick;)
  • TheNuttyTart published 01/08/2013