Tesco Cheese and Spring Onion Sandwich Filler

Tesco Cheese and Spring Onion Sandwich Filler

Frozen Ready Meals

Review of "Tesco Cheese and Spring Onion Sandwich Filler"

published 26/04/2011 | leeanne160480
Member since : 15/08/2008
Not been on here for around a year, putting my Dooyoo reviews over. May as well try and earn a bit more money.
Pro .
Cons .
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"CHEESY, TANGY AND FILLING"

We often have Buffets at work, and although I normally make myself in charge of the Sausage Rolls, sometimes I bring some Sandwiches. After all you need a couple of sandwiches if you are skipping your normal lunch and munching at a Buffet. Although it would be great just to eat Crisps and Sweets, but I guess we all need something a bit more filling.

I've bought the Asda version of this often, but recently came across the Tesco version. I'm sure that it is probably pretty much the same product, just with a different sticker to denote the shop it is sold in.

This comes in a see through plastic tub. It is quite a deep tub and is a square shape. There is a sticker over the opening of the tub, and the way you open the tub is to pull the label off from 1 side of the tub and the lid lifts easily off. The sticker on the tub is alright. It has a picture of the product in use in a sandwich, and the colourings are greens and yellows, probably to indicate the Cheese and onion colourings. The tub is 200g and costs £1.05 full price. often there can be an offer on the selection of Sandwich filling, but the best offer is 2 for £1.80. I know it is always a saving, but I personally love Buy One Get One Free's.

So what does this taste like? It is nice, but I couldn't eat a lot of this, as I would find it sickly I think. It s quite thick, but when spread on bread it can be spread pretty easily, or you can make this nice and thick. There is chopped up bits of Spring Onion, and bits of grated Cheddar and this is mixed through the paste-like substance which is made up of Mayo, Creamed Cheese and a sprinkling of Chives. The taste is pretty strong, and the mixture just seems right. it tastes Creamy, Cheesy, Tangy and Zingy.

Perhaps not to everyone's taste, but a nice change from the norm!