Tesco Clubcard

Tesco Clubcard

Review of "Tesco Clubcard"

published 21/09/2010 | K2705
Member since : 02/10/2009
Thank you for all the reads and rates, I will return all rates asap. I review a lot of Childrens products and toys, there will be a lot of Thomas the Tank Engines reviews.
Pro Points build up quickly, vouchers can be exchanged for 4 times the amount
Cons None
Ease of Registration:
Speed of accumulation:
Range of benefits:
Ease of redemption:
Success in retaining brand loyalty:

"Every Little Helps"

I have had a Tesco club card for many years now and I have to say it is the best loyalty card around. I never really used it much and only got a few pounds back every few months, however since moving into my own home the points have soon mounted up. I usually get at least £10 worth of vouchers each time they are send out, often more than this.
Applying for a Tesco Clubcard and the card itself
Applying for a Tesco Clubcard is simple, all you need to do is pick up a form in store. The form is simple to fill in and consists of the usual type of questions such as name address ect. Within a few days of sending your form off you will receive your card in the post ready to use. The card is just like a credit card, the same size and made of plastic. It has your name and an individual number across the middle of the card. On the back is a barcode which is scanned at the till to add the points to your account. Aswell as being sent the large card you now receive 2 smaller ones which are designed to be put on your keys as a keyring so you always have your clubcard with you when you visit Tesco.

How to collect points
Collecting the points is easy, all you do is scan your clubcard once you have put your shopping through the till or hand it to the cashier to scan depending on the till you are using (self serve or not) Each pound you spend equals 1 point, unless they have offers on and then you may get double clubcard points, therefore each pound equals 2 points. Points can be collected on absolutely anything in store such as food, clothes, electrical equipment and so on. Points can even be collected on petrol, as the petrol stations are now self serve aswell there is a scanner for the clubcard on the petrol pump.

The Vouchers
Every few months you receive your Tesco vouchers in the post, the more points you have collected the more vouchers you will receive. Once you receive the vouchers you can take them and use them in Tesco towards your shopping, all you need to do is had over the voucher and your clubcard (to prove they are your vouchers) and the money will be deducted from your shopping bill. However you can also exchange you Tesco vouchers for coupons/ vouchers at a variety of other places. I personally feel this is the best way to make use of your vouchers, if you choose to exchange them for other vouchers you receive 4 times the amount, for example a £10 vouchers will get you £40 worth of vouchers for another shop or towards tickets for various venues. This can be done online by filling in the vouchers codes in the appropriate places and choose the what you would like to use the vouchers on.

Tesco Clubcard vouchers can be used in exchange for money off/ vouchers to the following places.

DAYS OUT

Bowling
Go Karting
Cineworld
The Open University

There are many other places that Tesco Clubcard vouchers can be used/ exchanged for, the best way to see the whole variety is to visit www.tesco.co.uk and follow the Tesco Clubcard link. I have used my clubcard vouchers for many things, I have paid for half of one of my psychology courses, a silver and diamond bangle in Goldsmiths and tickets to Alton Towers. Personally I think that exchanging clubcard vouchers for 4 times their original amount is the best way to make use of them, however I have also used them towards my shopping bill at Christmas.

Overall I would recommend anyone who shops at Tesco has a clubcard, it is certainly the best loyalty card around, and is it surprising how quickly the points mount up.

• paulpry118 published 25/09/2010
    I always save my rewards up but last year I used them towards a holiday and it worked out that I wasn't that much better off using my vouchers as I lost the online discount I would have got if I booked online instead of having to phone to book when using the vouchers
  • luckyarchers published 25/09/2010
    The wide range of redemption options is great.
  • shoppingpenguin published 22/09/2010
    Fab review; my dad gets loaaads of points, as he needs to buy some stuff for the restaurant from there, easily using £250 a week. They paid for the majority of their 5* stay in Egypt there, so well worth saving :)

Product Information : Tesco Clubcard