Tesco Cotton Buds

Tesco Cotton Buds

Review of "Tesco Cotton Buds"

published 02/08/2017 | lj1989
Member since : 01/03/2010
I'm back once more. Life is completely different for me now! More updates to follow :)
Pro Price, good quality
Cons None for me
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Not just for baby"

Cotton buds are one of those items that we always seem to have in the cupboard and we use regularly but we rarely ever buy!

A few weeks ago I got my ears pierced again, things have changed since I last got it done. These days it is just recommended to clean the wound with salt water twice a day using a cotton bud. Seeing as I had had three new holes put in my ears I thought it was best to stock up on cotton buds because it seemed as though I would be going through a lot (6+ a day) and that was just on my new piercings.

I happened to be going into Tesco anyway so it made sense to grab some whilst I was in there. There were a few choices offered in Tesco:
Johnsons 200 for £1
Tesco cosmetics cotton buds 200 (no price currently available)
Tesco loves baby 100 for 45p
Tesco loves baby 300 for 55p

I went for the 300 pack as it was by far the best value and cotton buds are something you will get through at some point anyway. Plus I thought for that price it's better to have too many than not enough!

The cotton buds come in a plastic drawstring bag with the normal Tesco baby branding on. You can see the buds through the plastic and they are completely white in colour and look like standard cotton buds. They are not the safety buds.

I use cotton buds for a number of purposes. At the moment I primarily use them to clean my new piercings. I soak the cotton bud in boiling salt water and then gently wipe it around the piercing and the earring. I have found the buds to be strong and reliable. They do not break or come apart and they hold together even in boiling water which I was impressed with. They don't end up with any stray bits of cotton which is especially helpful for me at the moment because it would be painful to get it stuck on earrings etc.

I also use these buds to clean my ears. It is important that you only use buds to clean the outside of your ear and they must never be inserted into the ear canal as it can cause injury and long term damage. Again I have found these buds perform well, holding themselves together when used dry and not fraying so there is no danger of loose cotton being near my ear.

Occasionally I use cotton buds for applying make up either to apply the make up itself e.g. Eyeshadow or to remove and perfect make up as I am applying it. Again I have found these buds to perform well.

I am currently about half way through my bag of 300 and have been using them for 2 and a half weeks. I have bought this brand in the past and I am impressed with the quality. I will definitely buy them again as I think they represent really good value for money and they are a reliable and trustworthy product.

• danielclark691 published 05/09/2017