Tesco Customer Service

Tesco Customer Service

Review of "Tesco Customer Service"

published 17/02/2009 | craigwinslade
Member since : 17/02/2009
Pro no advantages of tesco customer service at cleckheaton and batley branch
Cons many people are wanting employment and tesco staff should be made to be polite

"very rude customer service at cleckheaton store"

i always do my shopping at tesco but recently have found the customer service to be very rude and not helpful at all. infact they are downright nasty and i have been embarassed and made to feel very foolish for the 3rd time in a matter of a few months. if the staff (customer services) feel that it is a acceptable to treat customers this way then i can see customers going elsewhere to do their shopping. i for one will not be going to tesco again.

1st time i was made to feel a fool was going to buy tobacco at customer service (cleckheaton store) they have a rail for customers to go round on this occasion there was noone at the counter so i went straight there only to be told i had to go back and walk round the barrier (how stupid)
2nd time (cleckheaton store) i had purchased a toaster from batley store which when i got home and plugged in literally set on fire fortunately i was in the kitchen and was able to unplug straight away. i took the toaster back to cleckheaton store only to be told i had to take it back to batley i was told in no uncertain terms they were not prepared to help me and not in so many words but basically to get lost and stop bothering them. i took the toaster to batley store and they just told me to get the same toaster in replacement (no apology for having to go out of my way to return it.
3rd time today i waited at customer services to have a private word i let 4 people go infront of me who only had 1 item to purchase only to be met with from your staff i hope your not trying to jump the que (she obviously needs glasses and could do to wash her hair more often)
i purchsed a kungfoo panda for my child at batley store for 18.50 when i arrived home it didnt work, because cleckheaton is much nearer i went to them and asked for a refund after much arguing and them making a call to batley store and being told they didnt have any more kungfoo pandas in stock they finally agreed to give me a credit voucher (not before they made me feel totally stupid)
i went round the store to do my shopping and pick a simpsion dv d to replace the toy costing 19 pound. when i arrived at the checkout i was told i could not spend the voucher for 24 hours (why) customer services were called i was made to feel very small customer services shouted at me that i had already been told i could not spend the voucher for 24 hours which iam sure i would have remembered seeing it was 20 minutes later. i was shown up infront of the other customers and made to feel an idiot which is not good for your reputation as all other customers were in agreement with me that it does not cost anything to be pleasant to other people. i shop at tesco 3 or 4 times a week but now feel enough is enough i would like to know what you think about rude staff who should be in that job if they cannot be polite to custimers.

• redeyes22 published 18/02/2009
    great review aggy x x x
  • Renza published 17/02/2009
    Sorry to hear of your experience. You really have to report this store to head office. I've worked at three Tesco stores and have never heard of or seen such bad customer service, apart from the occasional awful individual. I'd say it was bad management. We're constantly told at our store about how we should speak to customers and everyone is generally very nice and courteous. We're more likely to get rude customers than rude staff.
  • matthewsmum published 17/02/2009
    They really should be careful because a lot of these stores have 'mystery shoppers' who go in and pose as a customer to evaluate the level of customer service they receive. It doesn't sound like Tesco would do very well if they were ever tested. Carol x

Product Information : Tesco Customer Service