Tesco Daily Care Freshmint Mouthwash

Tesco Daily Care Freshmint Mouthwash

Mouthwash

Review of "Tesco Daily Care Freshmint Mouthwash"

published 15/07/2011 | dkm1981
Member since : 17/02/2009
A very active twelve month old means less reviews from mum, but so many toys to review!
Pro Cheap, nice taste
Cons Bit sweet, does last ages
Do you like the taste?
How long does the freshness last?

"Minty Fresh and Pretty Cheap"

I’ve been buying Tesco Daily Care fresh mint mouth wash for almost a year now and I am generally happy with the results, especially when you consider the price of it against branded equivalents. It tastes quite nice and it does the job it is supposed to.

It costs about 60p for 500ml bottle which is very cheap. You never see it on special offer in Tesco, whereas there are often offers on Listerine and the others, but even so this is considerably cheaper than the other brands. For that kind of price difference, I really wondered if it could be as good as the other brands but I shouldn’t have worried. The bottle usually lasts a few weeks with two of us using it daily. The recommended amount is one cap full, although I would think a cap full might be a bit too much for children to hold in their mouth as the caps are quite large.

Taste wise, it is lovely. It tastes a bit like Trebor Soft Mints. There is obviously definitely a minty flavour, but it is not overpowering in any way. One of the reasons I don’t like Listerine is that I find the mint flavour too harsh and I can’t gargle for very long with it, but this is not the case with the Tesco one. It is also missing that odd medical taste that strong flavoured mouth washes have, which is another bonus. The flavour is quite sweet actually and I sometimes feel like I am swilling a sugary substance around my mouth which is obviously much better than the normal taste of mouth washes, but then it doesn’t give you that instant dental hygiene hit!

As for the freshness, I think it is pretty good. To be honest it is not brilliant, mainly because of the sweet taste it leaves in your mouth, which makes it feel like you’ve drunk a soft drink rather than washed with mouth wash. But the mint is strong enough to make you feel fresher and it does last for a while. The Tesco mouth wash range offers two flavours, this one and cool mint. Whilst they are both very similar in what they do and how they do it, I would say that the other cool mint one is slightly better with regards to leaving your mouth feel fresh. I just think it has a slightly stronger flavour than this one and it lasts a bit longer.

The mouth wash does everything that you’d expect, including fighting bacteria and keeping teeth clean. I actually started using it because I have two teeth that I can’t get a brush between and my dentist recommended using mouthwash concentrated in that area. During my last appointment he commented that he could see a notable improvement in the teeth, so it is obviously doing the job it is supposed.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend the Tesco Daily Care range for helping with dental hygiene because it offers excellent value for money as well as making you mouth taste nice, I would however recommend the cool mint one over this fresh mint one because it does feel slightly more powerful and fresh.

• catsholiday published 15/07/2011
    Not so keen on very sweet moth washes.
  • KateHurst published 15/07/2011
    This sounds like a really unusual flavour - I definitely wouldn't expect a mouthwash to be that sweet!