Tesco Daily Care Freshmint Toothpaste

Tesco Daily Care Freshmint Toothpaste

Toothpaste

Review of "Tesco Daily Care Freshmint Toothpaste"

published 16/07/2011 | dawnmarywhite
Member since : 27/06/2011
Pro Tastes good, great value
Cons None
How do you like the taste?
Whitening effect

"Show off your smile at this price!"

I have been using Tesco Daily Care Freshmint toothpaste for years now. I never really buy anything else, as even deals on brands are still so much more than this one. I do use an electric toothbrush, which means that pretty much any toothpaste will leave my teeth feeling squeaky clean, but some of the ultra cheap ones have less taste and not such a long lasting freshness, and I find this one an excellent balance.

It comes in the usual cardboard box, which contains the tube. I always buy the 100ml tube for around 40p as this is the best value, and obviously lasts longer than the smaller tubes. The tube itself is mint green in colour (how fitting) with white writing on, and it proclaims this toothpaste to have 3 benefits; these are to fight decay, remove plaque and freshen breath. It is also fully approved by the British Dental Health Foundation, which is good - it means this toothpaste has been recognised as a useful aid in dental health care. It contains sodium fluoride (0.24% w/w) so you should consult your dentist or doctor if you or anyone in your family is taking fluoride supplements.

The directions for use are simply to brush twice daily. Young children (under 6) should use a pea sized amount and be supervised to minimise swallowing, as with all toothpastes. The packaging doesn't state this but it's best to brush for 3 minutes if using a manual toothbrush. If you use an electric one then 2 minutes is generally recommended and your toothbrush may well have a timer built in as mine does. You dispense this toothpaste by squeezing the tube as usual, and the toothpaste comes out through the flip top cap. The consistency is great, it is creamy and thick but not gloopy. Some cheaper toothpastes I have found to be a bit too soft and sometimes chalky as well. This one is non of these things. When using it 'lathers' up really well which means you don't need loads of it and by the time you are finished cleaning your teeth it spits out easily, leaving your teeth feeling smooth and clean, instead of coated.

So, do I like this toothpaste? Well, yes, Very very much! It cleans my teeth, tastes good and leaves my breath nice and fresh. It smells very minty (of course), but it's not overpowering. Neither is the taste. It is mild enough for children to enjoy but good enough to leave a really fresh feeling behind for adults too. So really suitable for the whole family and with such an agreeable price it offers excellent value. For my partner and I with our electric toothbrushes, a 100ml tube will last a couple of weeks. As part of my entire dental care routine, this keeps my teeth very clean and my breath fresh. As a smoker and big coffee drinker I do demand quite a lot out of my dental care products, and I am delighted with this toothpaste.