Tesco Direct

Cons May not be for goods over £18
Range of products
Speed of delivery

"Tesco Jersey"

I went online to find a DVD for my Dad's birthday. I thought I'd try Tesco where the DVD I wanted was reasonably priced as DVD goes...and then this little advert caught my attention advertising Tesco Jersey and saying I could save £8..well of course I had to take a look.

It went on to explain that I could save £8 by shopping at Tesco Jersey online as I wouldnt have to pay tax. However, if the goods were over £18 I would have to pay any import tax that might be applicable. I didnt worry about this bit as my goods were only £11.99 with the saving.

As my Dad's birthday was a week or so away I decided to order the DVD and I paid for it online. I thought it might take a while to arrive as it was technically being exported but in fact it came only a few days later !

Although, I don't know what the import tax implications are or what the returns procedure will be like I think I will use Tesco Jersey again. Afterall it does offer a good discount!

• AnitaM published 08/01/2005
    Amazon Jersey are a bit cheaper due to tax reasons too. Didn't realise Tesco operated from Jersey too.
  • HotBabes published 07/01/2005
    Oooh, thats useful to know! Hope your dad was pleased with his DVD! :-)

Product Information : Tesco Direct