Tesco Finest Crab Rocket & Chilli Linguine

Tesco Finest Crab Rocket & Chilli Linguine

Fish & Seafood

Review of "Tesco Finest Crab Rocket & Chilli Linguine"

published 19/07/2015 | Coconutsugar
Member since : 21/02/2015
Pro Tasty, filling
Cons Very spicy, the gritty bits are off putting
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Crab, rocket & chilli linguini"

I have a Tesco near my work and I often pop in there for lunch to get something to stick in the microwave at work as I have an hours lunch so I like to try and get out of the building for a bit. I like the Tesco finest range and I often buy the ready meals which are 2 for £6. This is good value in my opinion, the usual price for this particular dish, the crab and rocket linguine which is one of my favourites is £3.60 for 350 grams so I always buy it as part of the offer as it works out much cheaper.

This dish is really nice, it's tasty and it's so filling too and it cooks quickly and easily as it can be microwaved. The meal comes in a round, black plastic container with a plastic lid, there is also a cardboard sleeve with a picture of the meal so you can see what you're getting. There is also instructions on how to cook the meal, as I said it can be microwaved and it needs microwaving for 2 and a half to 3 minutes, depending on the strength of your microwave. If microwaving from frozen it is recommended to microwave for 5 minutes. I have always cooked mine from fresh.

Cooking it is easy, I just pull off the lid, pierce the plastic film then cook it, then leaving it to stand for a minute. The meal once it is cooked needs stirring around as the crab and tomato are on top in a small pile so they need spreading evenly through the linguine.The linguini is quite greasy and oily tasting, but it still tastes nice. The tomato tastes strongly of olive oil and there isn't much crab at all, but the crab that is in there tastes good and quite fresh with a nice texture, it isn't mushy like some crab can be it is actually quite meaty in texture, however I've often had hard, gritty shell like bits in this meal which isn't good.

The rocket is used sparingly and I can't taste it at all unfortunately, the main taste is the oily linguini, the tomato and a hint of crab. The flavours do work well together and it's an enjoyable meal. I do find the meal really spicy though as it contains chilli, the chilli is actually in quite big chunks as well, so I always make sure I have a drink of water with this particular meal. I do like this meal, it is tasty and really filling, the flavours although spicy in my opinion, are fairly well balanced too. However I think for the price they should put more crab meat in it and also I don't like that there are small gritty pieces in it.

• KateHurst published 04/08/2015
    Well covered; I've just realised I've got no idea how much crab meat would normally cost.
  • danielclark691 published 21/07/2015