Tesco Finest Wine Glass

Review of "Tesco Finest Wine Glass"

published 12/07/2011 | Myredpip
Member since : 18/01/2011
Live for today because tomorrow never comes x
Pro Tough and hardwearing
Cons None Yet!

"Glasses that don't hate me"

~Wine Glasses Hate Me!~

I love my wine, it has to be said, I drink white wine as I find red to be too heavy and it usually gives me a headache. When it comes to wine glasses I have got to be the clumsiest person I know. Or maybe the wine glasses just hate me and decide to kill themselves. I have broken so many wine glasses I have lost count how many. Glasses for white wine are so thin and delicate or in my case to be more precise they just aren't big enough. Glasses for red wine are a decent size in my opinion, so I have taken to buying and using them instead, they are a lot stronger in my opinion and although I only drink white wine, I still buy the glasses specially designed for red.
~Tesco Finest Wine Glasses~

As I tend to get through so many wine glasses I decided that cheap and sturdy was the way to go. I found this box of four red wine glasses, in Tesco of course and decided they were just what I needed. Packed in a cardboard box with two of the corners cut out so I could see the glasses inside the box, these glasses seem quite tough in comparison to previous glasses I have bought in the past. Each glass holds around 300 ml of wine, good news as I don't have to keep refilling my glass every 2 seconds. Like all crockery etc. I washed the glasses before use, making sure I took extra care as this is when I usually break them, however because the glass seems so much thicker on these particular glasses, I didn't feel as nervous as usual whilst washing them. They can be put in the dishwasher as well but since I don't have a dishwasher myself this information is irrelevant to me personally.

There is nothing whatsoever special about these wine glasses, they are totally plain to look at, and they stand around 7 and a half inches high, the stem of the glass is quite sturdy, that's what I particularly like about these glasses. The actual glass itself is quite thick so I don't feel like I'm going to put my teeth through it every time I take a drink from it. They seem pretty durable as I've had these glasses getting on for a year now and I haven't broken a single one of them (Yet!!) Since I'm the only one in the household that drinks wine, these glasses look set to lasting me quite a while and I would happily recommend them especially if you tend to be clumsy like me.

~Other information~

Tesco finest wine glasses cost about £4.00 for a box of four, really good value I think, especially if they are going to last you a long time as mine seem to be doing. Tesco sell quite a range of wine glasses, whether your after glasses for white or red wine your sure to find what you need within the Tesco range.

5 Stars then for these glasses, no problems with them at all, I can wash them, without them feeling the need to commit suicide and they hold lots of wine what more do I need?

Thank you for reading my review which may also be posted on other sites.

• supersonic75 published 13/07/2011
    I'm terrible with wine glasses too! x
  • catsholiday published 13/07/2011
    Obviously we all have the same problem - IKEA are quite good too
  • cha97michelle published 12/07/2011
    I have similar suicidal glasses and currently have to use either a champagne flute or a stella glass. Mmm. At that price I should treat myself.