Tesco Ibuprofen Tablets

Tesco Ibuprofen Tablets

Pain Relief - For All Round Pain - Ibuprofen - Tablets

Review of "Tesco Ibuprofen Tablets"

published 05/10/2011 | kirstysian
Member since : 22/07/2008
Yay orange!
Pro cheap, effective
Cons none for me
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Cheap Pain Relief"

I like to try and save the old pennies as and when I can like I suppose a lot of people do. Because of this a while back I decided that rather than opting for the more expensive pain relief products such as nurofen I would go for Tesco’s own ibuprofen. Costing only 41p for 16 tablets (at date of review, 05/10/2011) this is in my eyes quite a large saving compared to the cost of other similar products.

This ibuprofen claims to provide effective pain relief for rheumatic and muscular pain, backache, nerve pain, headache, migraine, dental pain, period pain, fever and for the relief of the symptoms of cold and flu.

Costing a fraction of the higher end products surely this couldn’t be as effective at relieving pains such as these, or could it?

When it comes to using any medicinal product, even if it is just ibuprofen or paracetamol I like to just have a quick scan of the box and the instructions. All the text is very clear, laid out in a nice order and is easy to understand. You also get further information on a leaflet inside the packet.

The tablets themselves come in the generic tablet blister packet and can easily be removed by popping the tablet through the foil. I have to say this is very easy and on more than one occasion I have attempted to pop the tablet through and it has gone flying.

As with other ibuprofen tablets you take these by swallowing with a glass of water. The tablets go down with ease and as they are coated you do not get any horrible powder that doesn’t taste nice stuck on your tongue, this is one of my pet hates with pain relief tablets!

The tablets can be taken every four hours, one or two at a time and you are instructed not to exceed six tablets in 24 hours. This is fairly standard and for the pain that these work on I have found that this is enough.

After taking the tablets I find that they usually take about an hour to provide any relief. I have used these tablets for the majority of the pain symptoms that are described on the box and I have to say that they are just as good as the expensive products that are available.

Being so affordable I can just chuck a couple of boxes into my shopping basket when I am at Tesco and pop them in the drawer when I get home and always have enough ready and available for when I need them.

After trying this form of pain relief I do not think I will buy the more expensive products again, why pay more when you can get just as good a product at a much cheaper price?

• Alyson29 published 05/10/2011
    These are an excellent price in comparison with the brand names and are just as good x
  • LadyValkyrie published 05/10/2011
    Indeed! Tesco stuff is usually high quality.
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 05/10/2011
    I agree 100%, there's not enough of a difference between the products to justify buying the more expensive ones.