Review of "Tesco Ice Cube Bags Easy Seal"

published 14/07/2011 | Myredpip
Member since : 18/01/2011
Live for today because tomorrow never comes x
Pro Everything
Cons None

"Hassle Free Ice Cubes"

We have had lots of nice hot weather recently and with hot weather comes lots of cold drinks and with lots of cold drinks come ice cubes! We get through a lot of ice cubes when the weather is hot, practically filling the glass with ice cubes before pouring in the drink of our choice. I found these ice cube bags from Tesco are very handy for making sure I've always got plenty of ice cubes in the freezer.

~Tesco Easy Seal Ice Cube Bags~

In the pack I get 10 separate bags made up of 24 individual compartments in which to make the ice cubes, I was a bit doubtful at first, how a bag full of water was going to turn into perfect ice cubes without the water running out all over the place. Having been used to the old fashioned plastic ice cube tray which used to split and slice my fingers when I tried to get the ice cubes out of it, I wasn't sure these bags were going to work. However, taking one of the pretty blue bags I proceeded to fill it from the cold water tap, the top of the bag is shaped so the water easily enters the bag, filling up the 24 separate compartments one by one, I was fascinated with this at first, (little things amuse little minds, as they say!) the bag filled up nicely then I pressed the top of the bag together to seal it, although at this point I wasn't convinced it was sealed at all and quickly dove for the freezer just in case I ended up with a bag full of water spilling all over the kitchen floor, the way my luck goes, chances were high this would happen.
~Perfect Ice Cubes~

Once the ice cubes were ready I took the bag from the freezer and was really quite impressed the water had frozen into 24 little ice cubes, now I know your probably thinking what else would water freeze into? but I was impressed with how well shaped the ice cubes were once I took them out of the bag. To get the ice cubes out of the bag I simply ripped around the ice cubes and they just popped out with no hassle at all, perfectly shaped hassle free ice cubes.

The correct way to use these bags are as follows:

Fill the bag with your chosen liquid
No need to knot the bag, turn it upside down to seal automatically then place into the freezer.
Pull the bag vertically and horizontally to loosen the individual ice cubes, then use your bag of ice cubes as required.

You may notice that my way and the correct way are totally different, but with the same results, in fact up until writing this review I hadn't even read the packaging these ice cube bags come in and I never knew I had to turn it upside down to seal it, oh well they have always sealed fine for me anyway. I also never knew about shaking and pulling the bag to loosen the ice cubes within the bag. I'm even more impressed now and even if you haven't found my review particularly helpful, I've learned something new about these bags, and I'm glad I decided to review them.
~Other information~

The bags are about 14 by 7.5 inches in size, a lovely blue color, each bag makes 24 ice cubes and with 10 bags in a pack that makes 240 ice cubes and all for around £1.00 at the moment from Tesco. I'm really impressed with these bags, they are far better and safer, than the old plastic tray I used to use and these bags also beat buying ice cubes, I really can't personally understand why anyone would buy ice cubes! but then people must have their reasons for buying them otherwise they wouldn't be for sale in the shops.

Please remember to keep products such as these away from small children.

5 Stars for the Tesco Easy Seal Ice Cube Bags, I'm really impressed with them.

Thank you for reading my review which may also be posted on other sites.

• siberian-queen published 15/07/2011
    I use these too, very handy in the summer.
  • catsholiday published 15/07/2011