On my weekly shop recently, coaxing my world-weary worse-for-wear wonky-wheeled trolley down the dairy aisle in Tesco, I chanced to spot a few pots of "Italian Ricotta" sitting in the "price reduced, close-to-sell-by" section - and suffered a momentary flashback to days of sunshine, pastizzi ... Read review
=== What: ===
* 500g Tesco Italian ricotta
* 1 large egg
* half cup icing sugar
* grated zest of half a small lemon
* quarter teaspoon of vanilla seeds (without the pod!)
* a good pinch of salt
* 1 cup of raisins
* 1 pack (6 sheets) of Jus-Rol filo pastry, defrosted!
* 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs (the stale heels of yesterday morning's loaf, whizzed in a food processor)
* One ..."
Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful