Tesco Low Fat Hazelnut Yogurt

Tesco Low Fat Hazelnut Yogurt

Flavoured, Low Fat

Review of "Tesco Low Fat Hazelnut Yogurt"

published 02/06/2006 | Louise90
Member since : 01/02/2001
Pro Nice creamy taste. Low price.
Cons None
Smell
Product Quality

"Yummy for your tummy!"

I do love my yogurts. Some top named yogurts cost around £0.38p a tub, or over £1 for a 6-pack. I know the Tesco's value brand yogurt is just £0.08p a pot. I've tried these before but find them a bit too watery for me. But in the middle of the road is Tesco's low fat yogurt. These come in at just £0.19p for a 150g pot. They come in a mainly navy blue pot with the flavours on the front. I'm going to tell you today about the hazelnut flavour. Not good, of course, if you've got a nut allergy!

PACKAGING
~~~~~~~~~
The pot is plastic with a foil lid. It says that this is Gi low (Glycaemic index tested). I'm not too clued up on this Gi diet! I've heard it's good though! It also gives you all the salt content, calories, fat, sugar and saturates content. Each pot contains 160 calories (8%) and 4.1g of fat (6%).

What I like about the Tesco's products now is that they show in bold writing the contents of the aforementioned calories, fat content etc. This saves a lot of time and hassle on searching high and low on the packaging for what you want! On the foil lid is the Tesco brand name with a picture of a hazelnut on it.

You can also find the ingredients and contact details on the pot.

THE YOGURT
~~~~~~~~~~
On opening the foil lid you will see the thick, creamy yogurt contained therein. It is white in colour with little tiny bits of hazelnuts scattered around in the yogurt. What I like about this is the hazlenut bits aren't too big so you have to bite into them to hard. They are just tiny little bits.

There isn't really much of an aroma to this yogurt. Although it does smell nice and creamy.

On putting a teaspoon of this into my mouth I noticed how thick this yogurt was. It tastes really creamy. It doesn't taste too sweet and the added bits of hazelnuts give it a really nice taste. The yogurt contains milk which probably helps to give it that creamy texture.

In red writing on the pot there is an allergy adive warning about it containing milk. And not forgetting the possibility of it containing nuts as well! It also says it may contain traces of other nuts too.

Other additional information is
~ It is suitable for vegetarians
~ Keep refridgerated
~ Do not freeze

MY OPINION
~~~~~~~~~
As you may have guessed, I'm a fan of this yogurt! It's really nice and thick and creamy! The content of the hazelnuts is a welcome additional. And for just 19p you can't grumble at that, can you?!

CONTACT DETAILS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tesco Stores Ltd
Cheshunt
EN8 9SL

• SweetTooth93 published 20/09/2008
    There are much lower fat yogurts about with nicer flavours too so i'll give these a miss xx
  • tekin21 published 28/07/2006
    Wow 160 calories a pot! think I will stick to my Weight Watchers yoghurts, I can have 3 for the price of one :o) Jane x
  • Kingkarliii published 13/06/2006
    Mmmmm I am partial to a tesco yoghurt every now and then, they are rather nice. I like the hazelnut ones too.