Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue

Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue

Toilet Tissue

Review of "Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue"

published 06/04/2010 | SusanLesley
Member since : 21/10/2000
Pro Soft, strong, cheap
Cons None for me

"Well it feels soft enough on my cheeky bits anyway!"

When in my local branch of Tesco’s the other week I needed to buy some toilet rolls and as usual I was looking for the best deal on decent toilet rolls. I don’t buy the very cheap ones as I do think that we need a little bit of luxury in that most delicate of areas!

I usually choose between Andrex or Charmin (or Cushelle as it is now called) being the two softest currently on the market. I look to see which one has the best offer on at the time and that is the one that I buy.

On this occasion there were no decent offers on either of those two but the price of the Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue was good so I thought I would give it a try.

I purchased a 12 roll pack for £4.98 making them about 41p each. They are also available in packs of four or nine but they then cost slightly more per roll. I bought the pure white one but they were also available in magnolia and blue.

The packaging is fairly plain with just the words ‘Tesco Luxury Soft’ and ‘soft, strong and as long as the leading brand’. The product has the FSC logo which means that it is ‘sourced from well managed forests and other controlled source’.

The information on the back of the packet just gives the usual Tesco price promise to refund or replace any product that falls below standard. It also reminds us that the wrapping should be kept away from babies and children to avoid the danger of suffocation.

The facts and figures of this 2ply toilet roll if you are interested are as follows:

Average 241 sheets per roll
Average sheet size 124 x 110 mm
Average total area 39.44 sq m
Average roll length 29.88 m

The real information that we want about this toilet roll is does it work and how does it feel?

Well, considering that I usually use the more expensive brands, I was very impressed with this toilet tissue.

It feels nice and soft on my nether reasons and I don’t need to use any more sheets than I would with the more expensive brands. The paper is strong enough to do the job – it doesn’t disintegrate whilst in use if you’ll pardon me being direct about such a sensitive subject!

All in all it looks smart in the bathroom, it feels nice on my skin and it does a good job at a fair price so it’ll do for me! What more could I ask?

I shall certainly add Tesco Luxury Soft Toilet Tissue to my list of possible toilet roll purchases in future so know I have three varieties to check for the best value offer!

Incidentally I have read other reviews from people who thought that this product isn’t very good but I’m afraid that I have to disagree – sorry folks!

• rojm published 14/04/2010
    I tend to buy this if shopping in tesco
  • ilusvm published 10/04/2010
    I tend to prefer these to some of the other brands! Nicely reviewed! x
  • jesi published 07/04/2010
    All the main Supermarket 'Own Brand' Luxury tissue is fairly similar (or at least appears to be to my untutored eye) and I have used them many times . . . my husband tends to buy the Home Bargains equivalent (which is not quite as good, for about half the price) but I find that the 'value' versions lack too much substance . . . &#9829 jesi &#9829