Tesco Macaroni Cheese

Tesco Macaroni Cheese

Review of "Tesco Macaroni Cheese"

published 11/10/2010 | rojm
Member since : 19/02/2006
Good
Pro cheap
Cons taste
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"cheesey pasta"

I don't really like tinned pasta but whilst in Tesco I picked up a tin of their macaroni cheese as my daughters love cheesey pasta and at 58p a tin I thought why not.
I got it home and because it was there they wanted it for tea and as my eldest was going out to a school disco and had to have a quick tea I agreed. The tin looks slightly different than the one ciao is showing. It shows the macaroni round half the tin and has a green square over part of it whch says TESCO Macaroni Cheese. The other half of the tin has how to cook it and the ingredients etc.

I opened the tin with a tin opener and could smell the cheese sauce. It smelt processed and artificial. I heated it up in a pan and cooked some toast for them. I tasted it once it was cooked and there was no way I would have eaten it, it was so artificial and I wondered about the additives in it and checked the ingredients. It didn't seem too bad.

My daughters loved it to them it was cheesey pasta.
I have since bought this a few times as it is a quick cheap tea for the girls if they are not eating with us. Although when I cook it for them now I also cook some mixed frozen veg which I have in the freezer and then mix it in. This way it is healthier and more filling as they just have the tin between them. I find that even when I add the veg the sauce covers it well enough.

The tin is a 410g one, and if the macaroni isn't all eaten at once it will keep for 2 days if kept in the fridge.

Half a tin contains 185 calories and 0.7g of sodium so quite a lot of salt but if you don't have a lot of processed food or add salt to any cooking it isn't bad once in a while.

A cheap handy tin to have in the cupoard. 3 stars as my girls like it but if it was just my taste it would get 1 star.

Summary: not for me but my girls love it

• SweetTooth93 published 23/01/2011
    I definitely think i'll stay away then!
  • catsholiday published 04/11/2010
    I think I agree with you 1 star!
  • Phantom_Wombat published 18/10/2010
    Nice review, but definitely not my thing.