xxB3CC4xx 3

xxB3CC4xx

About me: These pop up adverts are getting on my wick on every single screen Grrrrrrrr!

Member since:20.09.2008

Max Strength Capsules. . .Apparently.

02.03.2012

Advantages:
Cheaper with same ingredients, enough for 2 days in a pack, capsules instead of tablets

Disadvantages:
Doesn't make a long term difference to the flu

Side effects

Price

Effectiveness

1. Alyson29
  2. Walowiz
  3. danielclark691
and a further member

Last year after suffering with the flu for 4 days I was in my local Tesco Express and saw they had these 'Max Strength Cold & Flu Capsules'. I thought I'd give them a go as the others didn't seem to be making any difference to how I felt.

They come a little differently packaged from above they are in a box that is green and yellow with 2 caplets on the front. It also tells me:

Paracetamol, caffine and Phenylephrine.

For relier from headaches, sore throat, fever, aches and pains.
Easy to swallow capsules
Non-drowsy

The back has the dosage:

Adults & children over 12: 2 capsules every 4 hours to a maximum of 4 doses in 24 hours
Under 12 do not administer

It also has Ingredients, storage, warnings and contact information.

The tablets themselves are a white powder encased in a red and yellow type of plastic. There are 8 per blister pack enough to last 2 days.

I have to say they are easy to swallow and a lot smaller than the Benylin ones I tried. They do take a while to kick in and like the others make you feel better for a little bit and then you go back to feeling rubbish all over again.

To be honest I don't really think it's the product that isn't working more of just the flu I had as no tablets of any kind seemed to make any difference. As the ingredients seem to be majority of the same I assume that under normal colds these would work a treat to make you feel better but at that time they made no long term difference to me.

I would however rather buy these at just £1.60 a pack instead of branded tablets at £3+ each considering that none are doing any good.

ithoughtyoudneverask 02.03.2012 11:18

I rarely find that these make much of a difference but I take them in the hope they'll have a psychological effect!