Tesco Max Strength Cold & Flu Relief Sachets Lemon

Tesco Max Strength Cold & Flu Relief Sachets Lemon

For Coughs & Colds - Powder - Available Flavours: Lemon

Review of "Tesco Max Strength Cold & Flu Relief Sachets Lemon"

published 21/01/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Reviews : 2060
Ciao needs to have a number of 'guides' to vet white dot members' first reviews before they go live on the site. The white dots are taking over, and genuine established members are getting even less exposure on the front page.
Pro Fair taste makes for easy administration, well priced, choice of flavours.
Cons Nothing to note.
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Tesco Max Strength Cold & Flu Relief Sachets"

With Christmas almost upon us we are all looking to save a few pennies. lets admit, we are all probably feeling a bit run down and probably suffering from a cough and/or cold just before the festivities begin. There couldn't be a worse time to be struck by illness regardless of how mind it may be, but can we really afford to risk using a budget product in these circumstances?

The Tesco Max Strength Cold & Flue Relief Sachets come in a pack of 10 and cost £1.80, this is compared to around £3.50 for 10 sachets of Lemsip. The product comes with a choice of flavours, lemon or blackcurrant. I chose the lemon variety and were actually surprised at the taste. Although I always add sugar to sweeten these types of products I found the taste acceptable enough to drink and it certainly compares well against the branded product. You may think it is unfair to compare two products with such a wide price difference, but the reality is that you will either have one or the other in your medicine cupboard.

The packaging is quite eyecatching. The image is of the hot water drink and a lemon by its side to represent the flavour. The text and design is visually pleasing and doesn't give any signs of a lesser product. Each sachet is obviously individual and simply tears to allow you to pour the powder into the mug. The sachets contain Paracetamol and also the decongestant Phenylephrine, this is non-drowsy. When I have flu symptoms I always take one of these just before bed. The decongestant helps with block and runny noses and so it could be said they are dual purpose. The Paracetamol acts as a pain killer and relieves headaches, fever, sore throats and aches and pains.

This cold and flu remedy has proven to be successful over the last few weeks. I have had a couple of colds and my whole household seem to be suffering from one thing or another lately. Giving us comfort at night knowing that these sachets are effectively fighting colds, flu's and headaches will ensure Christmas is a memorable one.
Overall I can say that there is very little difference in the taste of this Tesco product compared to the Lemsip branded Cold and Flu Relief sachets. If you are wanting to save a few pennies this Christmas then the Tesco Max Strength Cold & Flu Relief sachets are the smart choice.

• KateHurst published 21/01/2012
    These sound a lot nicer than the lemon and menthol Lemsips I've forced down my throat today - I've never seen the logic of making things that you only take when you're ill taste so awful!