Tesco Mmmm Nougat & Raspberry

Tesco Mmmm Nougat & Raspberry

Review of "Tesco Mmmm Nougat & Raspberry"

published 10/07/2004 | Toniq
Member since : 03/10/2003
Pro Thick Choc, strong taste
Cons Could be too sweet for some
Smell
Product Quality

"Mmmm... but only for sweet tooth owners"

Gazing into the tesco freezer, looking for my usual Magnums I spotted the Tesco Mmmm range. Brightly coloured boxes, interesting flavours. My eyes focused on the new Nougat and Raspberry Flavour. Although they were slightly dearer than Magnum I gave them a go.

THE BOX

Square with a swirly purple background, an almost glowing, magic like image of the lolly. Showing thick cream coloured chocolate with chunky nougat pieces. The broken top section reveals ice cream with a ripple of raspberry sauce.

Contains 3 X 90ml ice creams

Box descibes as ' 3 individually wrapped nougat dairy ice cream lollies with a raspberry sauce swirl, coated in delicious white chocolate with crunchy nougat peices'

OUR OPINION

There are 4 of us and only 3 in the box. My 13 year old didn't like the look of them and settled for a box of Pringles and can of Pepsi instead.

The image on the box did not disappoint. The creamy white chocolate was very thick and filled with knobbly bits of nougat. it tasted fantastic, just like the Milky Bars I loved as a child. The nougat peices were not exactly crunchy as described on the box ( probably were before they were frozen!) but this didn't spoil the overall taste.
The nougat flavoured ice cream was smooth creamy and very sweet. I had more raspberry sauce near the bottom of the lolly than the top, but when I reached it I found it to taste very stong and very fruity.

I enjoyed my lolly very much, but maybe it's a girl thing. My 9 year old son was only half way through his and seemed to be struggling. He said it was OK at first but now he was feeling a bit sick! ( no problem, I finished it for him).

Then my husband piped up that it was like eating a frozen Bakewell Tart!

Overall mixed opinions in the end, so I will rate it on my opinion.

FACTS

Cost - £1.79 for 3 x 90 ml Lollies

Suitable for Vegitarians

Allergy advice - contains nuts, milk, gluten & egg.

Not suitable for anyone watching their weight. carbs per lolly 25.5, fat per lolly 14.9. Calories per lolly 247.

Sold in packs of 3