Review of "Tesco My Baby Bath"

published 05/10/2004 | jens25
Member since : 20/07/2004
Pro Low price and excellent quality
Cons none
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
Does the product work?

"Tesco's Bargain Baby Bath"

Ciao have agreed to my product proposal, it’s the first time I have suggested a product and it only took a couple of days – I am very impressed!

At the moment I am on a real economy drive so I am trying to cut the cost of various items with out compromising on quality – is it possible? I have already switched baby wipes to Tesco's own brand (please see previous review) and have just finished our first large bottle of Tesco My Baby Bath. I have just started on he Tesco baby powder so I will write a review on that at a later date.

I bought the 750ml of Tesco My Baby Bath for £1.28, this is a large bottle and compares to £2.17 for just 500ml of Johnsons Baby Bath – a real saving.

****What do you get****

The baby bath comes in a light blue bottle with a slightly darker coloured lid with a flip top so you don’t have to unscrew the whole lid. The bottle states “I’ll gently cleanse baby’s delicate skin to leave it feeling fresh and clean. My gentle no tears formula is kinder to eyes. I’m suitable for all the family”. The front of the bottle has three statements reading: “I’m kind to eyes” “I’ll gently cleanse delicate skin” “I’m hypoallergenic”

****My View****

So is this true? Well to use you simply pour into warm running water and mix to produce bubbles. Admittedly you do have to use slightly more than the Johnsons (only very slightly more though), but that is the only negative factor. The bubbles lasted really well, better than any other baby bath we have used, and my son experienced to irritation whatsoever – either on his skin or his eyes. This is a problem we have experienced before with the Johnsons Lavender Baby Bath, he has sensitive skin and came out in such a bad rash it took over a week to clear. I would say that this is suitable for delicate skin although there is also a Tesco Sensitive Baby Bath also available.

****Other uses****

I always get comments after I do a baby review saying the products can be used on adults too, that is also the case with this Baby Bath, its good for adults as well as babies and children. I don’t use shampoo on my son’s hair every day and on the days I don’t I just wash his hair in the bath water and his hair always comes out shiny with this in the water. Also I use a very small amount in a bowl of water in the mornings when I give him a top and tail (wash).

****Other useful information****

Other Tesco Baby Bath’s: Although I am not reviewing the other products for information only the other baby baths are: My Baby’s Body Wash, My Baby’s Head to Toe Wash, My Baby’s Lavender & Chamomile Moisturising Bath and My Baby’s Moisturising Bath with Baby Oil, so quite a selection.

Ingredients listed on the back of the bottle and product and ingredients not tested on animals by or for Tesco.

Contact address:

Tesco Stores Ltd
Cheshunt
EN8 9SL

The baby bath is covered by the Tesco guarantee that if it falls below the high standard you expect they will refund or replace it.

****And Finally****

I would definitely say that these are excellent value for money without losing any quality, I will continue to use this baby bath and saving money!

Thanks for reading my review, I hope it has been of some help and if you have any questions please ask.

Jens x

• thomlafferty published 19/04/2005
    I have to admit, Ive never tried baby products on myself. Hey, why not?? Enjoyable reading, I am glad Ciao accepted your proposal! Thom
  • jo145 published 18/03/2005
    You always get lots of bubbles with baby products and it usually smells lovely too. Jo
  • purplelynne published 28/12/2004
    The cheaper versions are sometimes just as good as the brand names. Lynne x