Tesco Paracetamol Caplets

Tesco Paracetamol Caplets

Review of "Tesco Paracetamol Caplets"

published 23/03/2012 | xmum2fourx
Member since : 04/08/2007
....
Pro Work well
Cons Strong taste
Side effects
Effectiveness

"Pain relief on a budget "

If you read my other reviews you will see I was trying to save money for my wedding so took the non brand name challenge and my pain killers were one of the first things I decided to cut back on. I have found Tesco ibuprofen to be good so I usually stick to them.

I have tried to circle tablet version of Tesco own brand but I hate taking pills and so found them hard to swallow although once I managed to take them they worked well so the next time I visited Tesco I picked up these capsules.

They cost a small 19 pence for 16 500 mg tablets. The tablets are rather small and thin which is great for anyone that does not like taking tablets as they are so easy to swallow. One small sip of water and I was easily able to take 2 tablets which is recommended dosage.

There is no difference in the way that these tablets work compared to the more expensive brands but the one thing that does stick out is as soon as they hit your mouth as they are quite powdery so the taste is awfully strong and for me nearly unbearable. I believe this is because they do not have the sugary layer that coats the more expensive brands do to stop that taste but also to make them easy to swallow.

After taking the tablets they began to work about 15 minutes later and my headache was gone for around 5 hours so they do the job they are intended for. They can be used for a range of things but I find they work best for headaches and stomach cramps as when I used them for toothache and neck pain they did not seem to have any effect on me at all.

Some of the things listed on the box that they can help with are aches and pains, migraines, headaches and tooth ache and in my experience they can help with all mild pain but anything more severe I have to take something stronger.

The tablets inform you to take 1 or 2 in 4 hour intervals for over 12's but as all medicine care are needed when taking.
I would recommend these as they do work and as they are the smaller tablet of these available they are not too difficult to swallow. They work well and last as long as more expensive brands although they do taste revolting if you can get them down first time it is not too much of a problem