Tesco Personal Finance Loans

Tesco Personal Finance Loans

Review of "Tesco Personal Finance Loans"

published 15/05/2001 | sharondyer
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Excellent APR rates
Cons None so far

"Lets Go Tesco"

Having decided that we were to extend our Kitchen also came also the decision of MONEY!! We needed to borrow some money so I had a scout around the Net and came across a few companies that would allow you to use their Online Calculator. This is quite easy to use as you key in either the amount you want to borrow and the amount of years/months or the amount you can afford per month and they calculate the rest for you.

I had wittled them down to Tesco, Barclays, Halifax and HSBC (the two banks as they are baks that we currently deal with and Halifax as we have a mortgage, insurances etc with them too.)

Tesco came out on top without fail. The other three could offer my an APR of approximately 11.9% and Tesco came straight in at 9.6%. Now bearing in mind that I occasionally shop at Tesco, have bought online a couple of times etc against having a Mortgage, Savings account, Home Insurance, Previously had a home improvement loan and a Car Loan without any hassle at all they still couldn't offer me a better rate. I ask myself why use high street banks at all if there are no great benefits!!

Tesco worked on the loan application very quickly (most of the application was done over the internet and came readily printed which savd on the form filling lark) and within 2 weeks of sending wage and bank statements etc we were accepted.

Thumbs up for Tescos - Give them a go if looking for a loan - oh and by the way each application goes into a draw for a holiday in Mexico!! That would top it all now wouldn't it.

• Squiggles published 15/05/2001
    Not tried their Personal Finance, but their Pet Insurance is excellent. Very competitive!

Product Information : Tesco Personal Finance Loans