Tesco SC356 Slow Cooker

Tesco SC356 Slow Cooker

Review of "Tesco SC356 Slow Cooker"

published 19/05/2011 | sharonmanc
Member since : 18/05/2011
Pro Great tasting meals.
Cons non
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Great basic slow cooker at a fantastic price"

I was converted to slow cooking about a year ago after reading a thread on moneysavingexpert.com, and remembering i had my mums old one in the back of a cupboard, so I dusted it off and never looked back.

I was heart broken when i broke the lid, and could not replace it because it was too old and the parts were no longer manufactured. I was estatic on a shopping trip to tesco I saw there own make for less than £20.

This is a basic no thrills, slowcooker, which in my opionion is the best. They do what they say on the box, with little fuss.

A slow cooker uses less than what you would pay to leave a couple of light bulbs on all day in the house, which is great considering how much it would cost in electricity to make a whole meal using the cooker. So at a time when electricity prices are at an all time high it could not be more useful.

And for those who worry about leaving it on while you are out, dont, you leave your fridge on all day every day, and this uses less electricity.

I love the fact that this is easy to clean the dish in the middle can be taken out to serve the meal at the table, or put in the oven for when making lasagnes etc and you want to give it a golden topping.

it has 3 heat settings, low which cooks things for 8+ hours, I use this when I go out to work so when we come back we have a lovely hot meal , and the smell is to die for when you walk in the house.
High, which cooks things in 3-5 hours (depending on what you are cooking, sometimes less) I use this when i am in the house and want to cook something but dont want to stsnd over it, like a nice sauce, or rice pudding, or a nice steamed choc pud for desert.
And then there is Auto, which brings your cooking to a certain temperature and keeps it regulated, this is great for heating something up and then keeping is warm for the evening.

The tesco slow cooker does everything that any other slowcooker will so dont let it fool you because it is cheap. This size of slow cooker does us (a family of 4) and often with enough left over for the next day or to freeze.

This slow cooker has saved my life so many times, especially after a long day at work, and walking through the door to the beautiful smell of a cooked meal, is bliss knowing i dont have to slave away in the kitchen, instead i can spend that time with the kids doing home work etc, and now I am pregnant again, I have fallen in love with it all over again as it saves me from having to stand over a hot stove, plus there is only one pot to wash afterwards, instead of numerous pans.