Tesco (Shop)

Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"Tesco online shopping"

I have been shopping online with Tesco, on a weekly basis, for 2 months. Whilst I have no criticism of the quality of the goods selected and delivered, I would have severe reservations in recommending anyone to use this service.

On every occasion, I have been told by the delivery staff, very politely, that there has been a problem with my payment method and I must provide an alternative method of payment. On each occasion, I have opted to pay by debit card. The problem hinges apparently hinges on incorrect input of my debit card details, account number or issue number. On each occasion, the delivery staff have had to phone Tesco and request they check the details held, and each time, my payment has gone through with no problem.

After the third time, I contacted Tescos customer care centre only to be that I must have input the details incorrectly. Having checked the order thoroughly, this is not the case. Speaking with delivery staff, this is not uncommon and they seem to spend much of their working day talking to the call centre to check debit/credit card details.

I have requested that Tesco describe their checking procedures, but have been given bland assurances that they are sure it will not happen again and was an isolated incident, untypical of their normal customer service standards.

I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience and Tescos response to any complaints they may have made.

• thesavagehun published 11/10/2006
    A bit short but helpful nontheless.
  • MRSCANADA published 11/04/2002
    This was a bit short..but I understood it so I'm going to rate it VH..LL
  • paddywak published 13/02/2001
    Nice opinion Mark. Keep it up mate & welcome to Ciao. Regards...Paddy (Tom)

Product Information : Tesco (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 17/07/2000

Tesco (Shop) - Review - Tesco online shopping

MarkKerr 2

MarkKerr

Member since:23.01.2001

Tesco online shopping

13.02.2001

Advantages:
Convenience

Disadvantages:
Embarassment

Recommendable No:

Price

Layout & presentation

Selection & range

Waiting / queues

City / Branch addressLeeds

Frequency of visitWeekly

AvailabilityGoods are nearly always in stock

In store customer serviceGood

2. Chibby
  1. thesavagehun
  2. JENE
  3. Aspen

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

thesavagehun 11.10.2006 15:53

A bit short but helpful nontheless.

MRSCANADA 11.04.2002 23:36

This was a bit short..but I understood it so I'm going to rate it VH..LL

paddywak 13.02.2001 19:24

Nice opinion Mark. Keep it up mate & welcome to Ciao. Regards...Paddy (Tom)