Tesco (Shop)

Tesco (Shop)

Review of "Tesco (Shop)"

published 07/01/2005 | PhilipHales
Member since : 03/05/2001
Good
Pro Convenient
Cons Too many DUFF DVD's
not rated
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"Tesco_DVD_Rental"

Just over two months ago we joined Tesco's DVD rental - 3# unlimited for £13.97 per month.

All was well to start with, but now we are getting a lot of DUFF DVD's.
If they do not play in the player we try the computer and sometimes this works - just. You can get half ways through a film then it freezes. I kept re-booting and retrying and sometimes this helps. It took me 4 hours to watch 'Count of Monte Cristo' over Christmas.

REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT HIRING DVD's, BUT TIME.

You can have as many DVD's as it takes you to watch them, and it is dependant on the Post Office to turn them around quickly.

If you do get a DUFF DVD - they will offer to replace it, but you do not get compensated for the 3+ days you have lost in viewing time. I have emailed them at least 4 times about this and have been totally ignored.

Out of 28 DVD's I have returned 8 that is 28% of them. So in 8 weeks it has cost me £27.94 and 29% of this is £8.11. Or conversely £27.94 for 20 (watchable) DVD's = £1.40 they sent me 28 therefore 28 * £1.40 = £39.20 (true cost).
Therefore £39.20 - £27.94 = £11.26 if they creditted me with either of these amounts I would be quite happy.

I told them that they were in Breach of Contract by supplying something for which I am paying, but receiving no benefit. ANY SOLICITORS OUT THERE?

As I said they have ignored my emails. I also told them that if I receive one more DUFF DVD I will cancel my account!!!!

If this happens I will try Blockbuster- then Amazon - Then CD-WOW (I think they have jumped on the bandwagon).

If you are considering this I suggest you email them first and ask the position regarding DUFF DVD's!!! If enough people ask they might come clean on what our rights are.

Just a quick addenda - they finally answered my emails and have creditted me with one months hire - so it pays to complain.

not rated

• Tea-Pots published 25/11/2008
    I think there is a correct section you need to move it to.
  • Clarrisa published 12/10/2007
    Sorry, but in the wrong category. I will rerate when they move it..
  • Calldean published 08/01/2005
    As below. Cheers. ;-)

Product Information : Tesco (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 17/07/2000