Tesco (Shop)

Tesco (Shop)

Review of "Tesco (Shop)"

published 04/04/2012 | mikeborry
Member since : 13/09/2010
Hi, also on dooyoo, same name.... I will return rates, if I don't send me a message.
Pro Good range.
Cons Not a tesco lover myself :(
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Tesco."

Since my local Tesco store was relocated to the other side of town, the store is so much bigger and better.

The layout of the store is set over 2 floors, with food items, toiletries, make up and the like on the ground floor, and the clothing, electricals, games and phones are on the upper floor. The store is pretty big and stocks loads of items.
There's 2 elevators, a main travelator and another at the front of the building leading upto the enterance of the top floor.
There's also a double layered (mini multi-story) carpark which provides ample parking space.

I find Tesco a bit daunting to be honest, my local one is always packed full of people, probably due to the fact that it is in the town centre. Although the store is well stocked, I don't find the layout works very well! It all seems as though it's been thrown together without much thought.
The upstairs layout though is much better, the front of the store has the electricals, and computer games/music cd's and the back of the store has the clothing, the clothing is set out into different sections, mens, womens, childrens and babies. The children and baby sections are also split into boyswear and girlswear.

I like the fact that it is popular now to have clothes on sale in supermarkets and I really like the tesco kids clothes. They are fantastic value for money and wear well too. I have also bought many womens and mens clothes in Tesco too, and again the quality for the adult range is just as good as the kidswear.

Tesco's if you didn't already know has it's own reward scheme. This is the Tesco Clubcard, whenever you pay for your goods in a Tesco store, hand over clubcard and you will get 2 points for every £1. The points soon add up and every 3 months or so you will recieve your Clubcard statement through the post with you money off voucher. Every 100 points equals to £1. At the moment you get double points on your grocery shopping so your points add up a lot quicker.
Tesco's recently (untill 5th September) ran the Clubcard exchange sheme where you doubled your vouchers. You had to pick which department you wanted to spend the voucher in, and then either spend just the value or the voucher or have it taken off the final amount of your purchase.
I chose to double my £5 to £10 for the clothing section, as I had to get a few bit's and pieces for my children to back to school. I had £28 worth of clothes for £18, and I was quite pleased with that.

Overall I find Tesco a good store if you can find what your looking for and Tesco's do offer good value for money.

Another good thing about supermarkets these days is that they do top of the range food items but then also their own brand and then the value range.

You can also use Tesco online and get your shopping delivered to your door.
www.tesco.com

Summary: A good store, with a good range of products.

• kevin121 published 04/04/2012
    Our local one has just been revamped too. Can't say I like it much though. Rachael.

Product Information : Tesco (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 17/07/2000