Review of "Tesco Skin Wisdom Moisturiser"

published 25/05/2004 | fuzzibear
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Cheap, moisturising, SPF
Cons None for me

"Wisdom of this moisturiser"

After receiving a facial, I got an eating from the beautician for not using moisturiser often enough, so I went looking for some decent moisturizer. Being in Tesco, I spotted this one, and being a fan of Tesco skin care, I decided to try it out, & for less than 3 quid, I couldn't go badly wrong.

This comes in a small 50ml pot, which is plain white with discreet labeling and a black band around the lid, which breaks up the lid and the pot. It is a pot with a screw off lid. The labeling is quite plain, with a simple colour scheme. The writing is green & black, with a small picture of what looks slightly like three leaves above it.

The moisturiser contains green tea, chamomile, ginkgo biloba and vitamin e. It claims to be anti aging, soothing, protecting and nourishing, and suitable for all skin types. It also contains a SPF of 6.

Upon opening, the smell is slightly artificial and chemical, not as natural smelling as the packaging would claim. The cream itself is white, and quite thick.

Application is by hand, applying it to neck, face and ears, avoiding the delicate eye area. The overpowering smell isn't as obvious upon application, and a little goes a long way. It is also easily absorbed, and leaves my skin really soft.

I don't need an anti aging product yet, so can't say about the anti aging properties, but I would assume that the inclusion of vitamin e helps with anti aging.

I have combination skin, and I find that this isn't too greasy for my forehead and nose, and leaves my cheeks and other dry areas well moisturised.

I think for the price, this is an excellent moisturiser, and the SPF is another selling point for me and at that price, you can't get a lot better...

This is dermatologically tested and created for Tesco by Bharti Vyas.

Tesco stores Ltd
Cheshunt
EN8 9SL

www.tesco.com

• solamarie published 12/02/2005
    I have started testing the night cream for them, it is lovely and doesn't smell that strong, maybe they changed the smell since you wrote this, Sue
  • lauzc69 published 06/06/2004
    Sound nice. And very cheap as well. Might give it a go when I've finished my current moisturiser. Laurie xx
  • florrie2 published 27/05/2004