Review of "Tesco Skin Wisdom Moisturiser"

published 06/10/2005 | snowflake5
Member since : 08/09/2005
Happy New Year Everyone! I also post on dooyoo under the same name (snowflake5)
Pro Inexpensive, absorbs easily into the skin
Cons Can't think of any

"An unexpected discovery"

I came across this product range by accident. I'd run out of my usual moisturiser, and didn't have time to get to Boots, so I did the next best thing: I scanned the shelves of Tesco on my supermarket run, hoping they had something.

My eye was caught by the Skin Wisdom range. The packaging was modern - translucent white pots with translucent green lids - it looked as good as anything produced by the major cosmetic companies and as it was relatively inexpensive and I was desperate, I decided to try it out.

~The Product Range~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skin Wisdom is a range created especially for Tesco by Bharti Vyas, the skin guru, who advises clients like Cherie Blair, Mariah Carey, Cher, Ralph Fiennes and the late Princess Diana. She's also written six books on Beauty and Skin Care (available from Waterstones and Amazon), the latest being "Tips for Beauty Wisdom" (£8.99).

The Skin Wisdom range has 42 products, from daily moisturisers, night creams, eye gels, age delay creams, face masks, facial wash and body lotions. The products have ingredients like Green Tea, Oatmeal, Chamomile and Grape seed (the pots list the two main ingredients in the front - all the ingredients are listed on the label on the base).

Prices range from 99p (for a mask) to £9.99.

~The Verdict~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I use the Light Moisture Lotion with Evening Primrose and Pro-Vitamin B-5, which costs £4.99.

It's a light cream with a clean summery smell. It absorbed easily into my skin, leaving no film and leaving it feeling soft and plump. My skin looks smooth and healthy, I've been getting fewer breakouts than before and after a few months use, I find I prefer this product to my old one.

I've gone so far as to try the Revitalising Eye Gel with green tea, chamomile, cornflower and cucumber, which turned out to be deliciously cool and light, and again absorbed very easily leaving no film.

So I'm converted! Whisper it - my main skin care brand is a Tesco own brand product!

• gaunts published 03/03/2007
    very helpful review for the consumer. gaunty
  • Polstar242 published 23/02/2006
    I think I'll have to try this one, I'm after a new moisturiser and I'm short on cash - good review.
  • pink_champagne published 12/02/2006
    I've used the skin wisdom self tan wipes but not this. There's not a TESCO near me unfortunately