Review of "Tesco Skin Wisdom Moisturiser"

published 16/07/2007 | Natanna
Member since : 21/07/2005
Pro Leaves skin feeling refreshed, very light
Cons None

"Buying this was a wise decision!"

Tesco Skin Wisdom Moisturiser

Tesco Skin Wisdom Moisturiser

After finishing up a bottle of moisturiser I decided to take a trip to Tesco to see what they had on offer. I thought I would try something different for a change rather than sticking to the same range. When I was there I saw a range of products called 'Skin Wisdom', I'd never even heard of this range before, but I noticed that everything was reasonably priced. I had a look to see if this range sold a mosturiser and sure enough they did. I was quite shocked when I saw that it was only £1.98, well you can't go wrong with that so I decided to buy it, I didn't know if it would be any good or not though.

The Skin Wisdom range is exclusively created for Tesco by Bharti Vyas and the range of skin care is designed to bring you the benefits of professional therapies in your own home. I can certainly say that this moisturiser does, it's a lot better than moisturisers I have tried from popular ranges. The Skin Wisdom range sells other products such as After-Sun, Cleansing wipes and Face masks.

The packaging is very simple, a thin white rectangular shaped bottle with a green lid on the bottom. The bottle has the Skin Wisdom logo and says that it contains Evening Primrose and Spring Sea Water, which sounds quite nice! The lid of the bottle is quite annoying as it is rounded at the edges and therefore when you stand it up it sometimes falls over, so you might need to lean it against something.

On the back of the bottle there is some information, for example, 'Bharti Says: Treat skin to some daily therapy with this hydrating formula. Totally in tune with your skin, it provides skin with a 12 hour oasis of moisture to leave it feeling smooth and conditioned.'
It then goes on to say how it works, the spring sea water helps to boost moisture levels in the skin and the pro-vitamin B5 and evening primrose oil help to condition and smooth your skin.

When you first open the lid and give the bottle a small squeeze you can see that the cream itself is white in colour, it has a faint fragrance to it which I think is the primrose oil. The smell is very fresh and once it is on your skin you can't really smell it so it shouldn't irritate you at all. Once you have the cream in your hand you can apply it to your face using circular movements, the cream is so light that you only need to use a very small amount as it does go a long way. I find that it is very cooling, the first time I used it was after a really hot day, when I put it on my face it felt like after-sun lotion which was really nice! It certainly does make your skin feel really refreshed!
The bottle does say to use it after cleansing and toning to get the best effect on your skin. It also mentions to use it every morning. I actually use it in the evenings instead as I use a tinted moisturiser during the day. When I wake up in the morning, my skin still feels really smooth and not at all dry. So it does definitely give you 12 hours of moisture, if not longer!!

I highly recommend this product, it's by far one of the best moisturisers I have ever used...and for £1.98 I shall definitely be buying it again! There is really no need to spend any more money on a popular brand as this one does just the job! I think I might check out this rest of their range as well!

• fabgirly published 09/12/2007
    Good review and sounds really good too! Great value moisturiser by the sounds of it!
  • minhhon published 01/08/2007
    Nice review, well done.
  • KatieFizz published 31/07/2007
    Sounds really nice! I love products which give me a fresh feeling!