Tesco Sterile Blister Plasters

Tesco Sterile Blister Plasters

Blisters, Calluses & Corns - Plasters

Review of "Tesco Sterile Blister Plasters"

published 01/10/2010 | kingfisher111
Member since : 05/02/2006
Enjoying the lovely summer holidays with my girls!
Pro very effective
Cons none
Effectiveness

"Blisteringly good!"

OK! So I admit it was my fault but we had been snowed in for two days and were rapidly running out of some essential items! So opting not to take the car out on the icy roads, I put my best foot forward and set off to walk the four mile round trip to Tesco! Unfortunately, before I knew it, my walking boots that I was wearing for the first time in about a year were beginning to rub, and by the time I reached Tesco I could feel two enormous blisters on the back of my heels! This happened back in January but I still remember them well!

Luckily I was at Tesco though, so along with the milk and the bread, my list of essential items now had to include plasters. I set off to the plaster aisle where I discovered Tesco Sterile blister plasters sold in packs of six. On the packet it stated that they prevent and treat blisters, they reduce pain (aahh!) and they promote rapid healing. They sounded exactly what I needed.

The plasters are quite large measuring 45mm by 72mm and are oval in shape. Each one comes in its own protective outer layer. As they are translucent they do not look like normal plasters at all. There is also quite a scientific explanation on the packet telling you how the plasters work. There are hydrocolloid particles within the plaster that apparently interact with the natural secretions of the skin to form a gel that spreads over your blister. The gel prevents hard scabs forming which in turn means less pain and discomfort! Well it sounded highly plausible to me and I was desperate to try anything!

The plasters are fairly easy to get out of their little individual packets and easy to apply to the skin. It's quite strange because when they are on you can hardly see them at all. They are breathable and waterproof and intended to stay on the skin until they loosen and come off of their own accord. As soon as I had the blisters covered with these and I needed to wear shoes, I could feel the difference between these and normal plasters. I hardly felt any pressure on my heels and I could walk in my shoes without experiencing any pain - that was a relief!!

Another good thing about these blister plasters is that they remained stuck to my heels for quite a long time. They even remained intact through a couple of baths which I found pretty surprising. They also seemed to help the blisters to heal quite quickly too so I was pretty impressed all round. I think I replaced them after about three days but they could probably have lasted a little longer had I wanted them to! I was a very satisfied customer and I would definitely recommend keeping a packet of these handy especially when wearing in new shoes or doing a lot of walking.

At £1.55 for a pack of six, these plasters are not the cheapest on the market, but it is a good price to pay not to be in pain and to protect your blisters!

• catsholiday published 07/11/2010
    Hope i won't need these!
  • hiker published 18/10/2010
    They sound very similar to the Morrisons version - and retail at a similar price. I agree with Mumsymary they are a lot cheaper than Compeed, but for my money they (the Morrison's version - can't speak for Tesco's) just don't compare. Lx
  • hannahmc3 published 02/10/2010