Amy69 5

Member since:28.05.2007

Video reviews:2

"MUFFIN!"

09.09.2009

Advantages:
delicious, quite cheap

Disadvantages:
not too healthy, only in tesco

29 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Soho_Black
  2. lora44
  3. BristolBud
  1. cadds8

Whilst I was following Letitia Dean's Lean Routine Workout DVD, I found there was a section called the Muffin Shrinker. This works your 'muffin' top, also known as your bulging stomach! Ever since watching this, especially since Dee and Tish have the urge to shout 'MUFFIN!' randomly, I've been craving muffins. This was weeks ago, so I decided to let it be as I thought it would soon pass. Unfortunately it didn't and finally I caved! Its rather ironic that a fitness DVD makes you want to eat muffins...!

I went to Tesco (I might as well buy shares, they get enough of my money!) hunting for a muffin which I fancied, when I stopped at their patisseries section. Here I found a lovely shelf full of donughts and pastries, but no muffins! Though when I turned the corner I found there was a display shelf packed full of muffins: blueberry, chocolate, and white chocolate and stawberry. I decided to go for the white chocolate and strawberry muffins, as they sounded most interesting. For a pack of four it was just £1, which I thought was fantastic! With that, I paid and took them home!

I took a muffin out of its clear packet and popped it onto a little plate. It was quite a pale shade with little white specks on the top, obviously representing the white chocolate. There was no sign of the strawberry yet. I like my muffins warm so I popped it into the microwave for thirty seconds, and out it came steaming hot and ready to eat!

I picked away at the top, trying the little white bits. They were very sweet and sugary, a perfect white chocolate flavour! It blended well with the soft muffin, giving it an unique crunch! After I had eaten away at the top, I found there was a fair amount of strawberry sauce in the middle. This was still warm, and oozed out when you bit into it. It was not thick like jam, not too gooey but nice and thin, almost like a puree with a few 'gritty' bits through it. It was quite sweet with a strong strawberry taste, just as I had expected! There was no denying it - combining all three parts (muffin, white choc and strawberry) was a total delight!

Its a muffin - its not going to be healthy surely! Unfortunately it wasnt! Each muffin contains 415 calories which for a single snack is a heck of a lot! It is good for a breakfast though in the morning towarm you up! They are good cold to take in a lunch though but not as a substitute to a main meal, as something more substantial is preferred more, if not by the tastebuds, but the body!

These are delicious and well worth the price! With four in apack they are basically 25p each and you canot go wrong on that! The only downside? Thy are only in Tesco!

Amy 2009

Pictures of Tesco White Chocolate & Strawberry Filled Muffins
Tesco White Chocolate & Strawberry Filled Muffins p1 - Tesco White Chocolate & Strawberry Filled Muf
Tesco White Chocolate & Strawberry Filled Muffins

LaceyR26 09.06.2010 22:27

just got some of these reduced for 10p! lol x L@cey

paulpry118 13.09.2009 15:49

These sound rather tasty might add them on to my next shop

nic63 11.09.2009 01:04

I haven't seen this flavour before, sounds really nice. A heck of alot of calories though isn't it : ( Nic x