Advantages Great value and pleasant smelling thick bleach from tesco
Disadvantages It is bleach so all precautions should be taken
|Value for Money||Good value|
|Do you need to use much for each clean?||The suggested amount produces best results|
|Irritable to skin?||Harsh|
|Longlasting effects?||Keeps things looking clean for longer than average|
Tesco Pink Thick BleachAs far as I can work out this own brand product is pink for no reason at all really except that it isn’t the citrus yellow one. It doesn’t claim to have any additional scent and it still smells quite strongly of bleach.
I buy the Tesco branded thick bleach whenever it is on sale for two bottles for £1.20 where as Parazone thick bleach is £1 a bottle so almost double the price. I always buy the thick bleach as I find it sticks a bit longer on the side of the toilet doing its job. Also why pay for a dilute solution as you can dilute the stuff yourself if needed by adding water.So this is a pretty bright pink coloured bottle with’ 24 Hr’ and ‘kills germs and bacteria dead’ on the front label. From this I gather that it kills germs and bacteria for 24hours once applied. Inside the bottle which is sealed with a child proof (and at times also an adult proof) lid you will find 750ml of product. It does say on the back that it works as well as the leading brand and kills germs and bacteria when used neat. Not sure how many it kills when it is diluted through.
DIRECTIONS FOR USEFirst task is to open the childproof lid. To do this you put the bottle somewhere flat then squeeze the lid holding the two marked places and turn anti clockwise. Sometimes when first opening I really struggle to do the squeeze grip and turn so it is pretty secure.
When closing the lid turn until you hear it click to make sure the child safety lock is secureWhen using in toilets then squeeze bottle gently when upside down over toilet bowl trying to aim the product as close to under the toilet rim as possible so that it gradually slips down the bowl. I leave mine for a few minutes while I clean the bath then I use the toilet brush to scrub the toilet bowl carefully then I leave it un flushed until someone next uses it. If you are really organised at night you can do this last thing at night and leave overnight.
When using it to bleach white clothes ensure you read the fabric label as many synthetics cannot be bleached they go yellow. The product label suggests 50ml in 10 litres of cold water to bleach whites. Then leave in soak for a while until you are happy. If you plan to soak overnight then the mixture should be more dilute. Rinse thoroughly before washing as usual.When cleaning sinks and basins pour this neat down the plug hole and leave for five minutes before running water through again. I find if I pour a little in the sink after pouring some down the plug then I use my washing up sponge to wipe this small amount around the sink. Put the plug in and add some water then leave it for the time it takes to clean the rest of the kitchen and that way my kitchen sink is clean and shiny and all germ free. In this water I put all my washing up things sponges and scourers etc so that they get a good clean through too.
I then use this diluted bleach water to wipe down my kitchen cupboards and the sides while the sponges and things are soaking. Once the sponges have had their soak I then get a floor cloth and use the same water that is in the sink to wipe the kitchen floor tiles to ensure that these are really good and clean too.I do the same sort of thing in all the bathrooms with the sink and the floors and then they all small really clean and fresh. I do find this bleach hasn’t got the knock me out bleach smell that some have so maybe that is what the pink means.
I go through a lot of this stuff for cleaning my tiled floors as one of our cats is ancient do -lally and becoming incontinent or is so stubborn she will not go out if it us raining or use the kitty litter if it is less than clean. The floor is her place of choice and so this bleach gets used.Another of our cats appears to have a digestion problem and sicks up a lot. She is a greedy pig and gobbles her food then we see it again and once again I have to get the bleach out!
*Ensure you keep the bottle upright to make sure none of the product accidently leaks out.
*Keep the lid properly screwed on so that the child safety lock is engaged.
Keep well out of reach of children.
*If any gets into your eyes then rinse well with water and seek medical advice.*If accidently swallowed then also seek medical advice.
*NOT suitable for sterilising baby feeding equipment*When finished do NOT rinse out container and use it to store other liquids.
*Do NOT use undiluted except in toilets and drains.GOOD THINGS
It works really well and is a pretty good price.No ingredients in this nor the actual product have been tested on animals either for or by Tesco.
The bottle and cap are both recyclable plastic.WOULD I RECOMMEND?
Yes I do as it is pretty cheap, very effective and doesn’t smell too strongly of bleach. You should wear gloves when using this but I have to admit I am not very careful and do use this dilute without gloves and I don’t have any problems with skin irritation despite having skin that is prone to allergies like eczema.Thanks for reading. This review may be posted on other sites under my same user name.
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment