Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads

Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads

Review of "Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads"

published 20/01/2014 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Soft, absorbent & cheap
Cons None
Ease to install

"Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads"

When it comes to cotton wool, I purchase as cheap as possible as I find that although better brands are that little bit thicker and softer, there really isn’t that much difference in the quality to justify paying a higher price just for the brand name. As I do my main weekly shop at Tesco’s, I always purchase their value cotton wool pads.

For the price of just 49p, you get 80 pads in the pack, which I think is extremely good value for money. The pads are small and round and come within a clear packaging which you simply tear open to access the pads.

The pads are soft to the touch and feel soft when swept across the skin too. I mainly use these to remove nail varnish and to apply moisturiser to my face.

They don’t feel rough at all on my face and actually feel really smooth and soft. They are more absorbent than they look too. With them only being quite thin, you wouldn’t expect them to hold too much in the way of liquid, but they are actually pretty good. I use a liquid nail varnish remover which has a water like consistency and the pad holds the liquid well, without the liquid dripping off the pad. It holds enough liquid to do an entire hand and again, doesn’t feel harsh on my hands and nails either.

For 49p you can’t really expect too much from these but to me they are as good as the better brands and a lot cheaper too so they do a good job whilst saving you some pennies.

Overall, there isn’t anything negative I can really say about these pads. Yes, they are a little thinner than some better brands, but this hasn’t caused me any issues at all. They are soft, absorbent and do the job well and cheaply too and so therefore they come with a recommendation from me.

• CoffeeQueen68 published 20/01/2014
    I often buy shops own brand products. Good review. =) Louise.