Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads

Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads

Review of "Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads"

published 21/08/2014 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Cheap, effective
Cons A little on the thin side
Ease to install

"A very good value product!"

One thing I buy quite regularly is cotton wool pads. The reason I don't buy cotton wool balls or whatever is that I can't stand the feel of them and in fact thinking about touching one has just made a shiver go up my spine!

However I do need something to use to remove my eye make up with alongside eye make up remover, I do occasionally go the whole hog on my face and use a liquid cleanser and toner opposed to make up removing wipes and also I like some to wipe over my beautiful cat, Myrtles eyes and clean out her ears from time to time!

These I came across in my local Tesco store costing me 49p for a tube of 80 of them and I thought that was good value for money and so bought a couple of them.

The Packaging:

The pads come in a see through tube effect bag and on the front of it we are told that they are Tesco 'Everyday Value' 80 Cotton Wool Pads '100% pure cotton, approved by customers' and there are little pictures of mirrors and cosmetics shown there is all in matching lilac colour (the writing is in lilac too!). On the back of the packaging we are told a bit about the product, warnings are given and contact details for Tesco are listed. This product used to come in more garish coloured packaging than it does now and of course it is now called 'Everyday Value' opposed to just 'Value' but it is the same product its just the whole range has recently undergone a marketing ploy lol.

The Pads:

Pure white in colour, small and round these are harder cotton on the outside and more fibrous and with a thin layer of fluffy cotton wool sandwiched in. They feel robust to the touch but I do think these are rather thin however once in use not too firm or hard thank goodness as I wanted to use them on my face of course!

These though are quite flimsy due to the thinness of them. I can't overload them with product such as toner or nail polish remover and do get through rather a few of them however for thicker lotions and potions they are good enough and for eye wiping Myrtle's delicate little eyes and eyes they really are a little Godsend.

I may need a few of these per task but I still think they offer me value for money compared to how much similar products of this can cost and am happy enough to repurchase more in the future!

Only available from Tesco and from Tesco.com

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• spanielize published 23/08/2014