Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads

Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads

Review of "Tesco Value Cotton Wool Pads"

published 14/07/2016 | daylehall
Member since : 02/07/2004
Happy New Year everyone :-)
Pro Cheap, get the job done
Cons None
Ease to install

"Perfect Pads"

I have been cleansing my face every night for about the last 10 years or more. I use a simple cleanser and whatever cotton wool pads are cheapest. The reason I use cotton wool pads rather than cotton wool balls is because I simply cannot stand to touch cotton wool as I think it feels awful and the cotton wool pads just dont have the same feel to them. I tend to do most of my shopping at Tesco’s so this is where I buy my cotton wood pads and the cheapest oncs available are Tesco value.

Packaging
The cotton wool pads come in a clear plastic bag. The cotton wool pads are stacked on top of each other in two rows. There is a little drawstring at the top of the packaging so you are able to ‘re-seal’ the bag if you so wish. I actually remove all the pads and pop them in a jar. The tesco value logo is written across the front of the packaging.

Price
As I mentioned earlier, these cotton wool pads are the cheapest ones available at Tesco and they will cost you just 60p for a packet containing 80 pads.

The Cotton Wool Pad
The cotton wool pad itself is white in colour and is quite thin (although certainly not too thin). They feel nice and soft to touch and most importantly they do not have that cotton wool feel to them and I can easily handle them without feeling like I am going to cringe! Even though the pads do seem quite thin, they do the job perfectly and seem to hold a fair amount of moisture.

To Use
I use a pea sized blob of cleanser and this works really well. I like the fact that the pad doesnt seem to absorb the product you are using which is really handy as it means the product is being used on your skin rather than soaked into the pad. We had a bought of conjunctivitis hit our household a few months back with both children and myself becoming infected. Using these cotton wool pads worked really well, just soaking them in warm water and using them to wipe the gunk out of all our eyes! We used loads of pads but it didnt really bother me as they are just so cheap!

Summary
In summary I would certainly recommend these cotton wool pads. These are the only pads I have ever used so I cant really comment on whether they are of a better or worse quality than other more expensive brands but they certainly work well for me. I think at only 60p for 80 pads, you cant really go for wrong with these pads.

• SnowSurprise published 22/07/2016