Tesco Value Freezer Bags

Tesco Value Freezer Bags

Food Bags

Review of "Tesco Value Freezer Bags"

published 10/04/2012 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Cheap and do the job
Cons None

"Tesco Value Freezer Bags "

Freezer bags are seriously so handy! They make storing food such as bread, chopped up fruit and so on much easier. My boyfriend eats a ridiculous amount of chicken breasts as he's building muscle, and as most people will know the packaging that the chicken breasts come in is quite bulky and take up a lot of freezer space - I only have a small fridge with a small freezer drawer and the outside freezer in the garage is crammed full meaning it can sometimes be awkward to store certain frozen foods.

By transferring the chicken breasts from their original packaging into freezer bags it saves a lot of space and also makes it quicker when it comes to actually cooking them as I only need to take them out of the bag rather than fiddling about with packaging. When it comes to freezer bags I am not at all fussy or brand loyal. I usually opt for whatever is the cheapest or whatever is on offer as in my opinion there's much funner things to spend money on! These particular freezer bags are from the Tesco Value range and retail at a very reasonable £1 per pack of fifty, working out at just 2p each. Although a pound for 50 bags is not dirt cheap, it is around 25-50p cheaper than a majority of branded freezer bags.

The freezer bags come in a cardboard box which is a thin rectangular shape, it is the same shape that a majority of freezer bags, sandwich bags and foil wrap come packaged in. The box is quite long but it fits in my cupboard without taking up too much space. The colour scheme of the packaging is the usual Tesco Value colour scheme; red, white and blue. It's easy to spot and although minimalistic, not bland or ugly.

Inside the box are the freezer bags, which are wrapped around a roll. To get a freezer bag out I simply need to unroll it a bit and then rip a bag off to seperate it from the roll. This is simple to do and the bag has never ripped or become damaged from doing this. The bags themselves are made of thin plastic (a bit like cellophane). They measure 25cm by 28.5cm and are transparent. The bags don't have handles but they come with little white clips that you can tie the bag up with, although I personally just tie the top in a knot and I have never had a problem with the bag coming undone and food leaking out.

The bags are large enough to fit in a decent amount of stuff. I can fit two decent sized chicken breasts in each one no problem. I also freeze a lot of fruit as I drink smoothies, and I can fit three bananas worth of banana slices into one bag. Bread is something that I freeze a lot as we often buy it in bulk, and I can fit 4 thick slices of bread in each bag with no problem. The bags themselves do not freeze or go icy and when tied in a knot the knot doesn't freeze together meaning opening the bags up again once they're out of the freezer is quick and easy.

Unlike a lot of freezer bags I have had in the past, these do not have a white rectangular strip on the front of them to write what they contain, however a black marker pen does the job and as the bags are transparent it's pretty clear what they contain anyway! These bags overall are great value and are decent quality. They're a good size and although quite thin are durable and could be re-used, although I personally use a fresh one each time. A bag of fifty lasts for around 3-4 months which for a pound is great value!!

I overall reccomend these freezer bags and I give them 5/5 stars.

• mozzie76 published 10/04/2012
    I find these very useful as well
  • MEL0611 published 10/04/2012