Review of "Tesco Value HB07"

published 09/09/2011 | steffcfuk
Member since : 08/05/2011
Pro Brilliant No Frills Blender
Cons None so far
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Whip up a Storm with a Tesco Value HB07 Handblender!!"

I have just had a new kitchen so I decided that this was the ideal time to branch out on my cooking! I was in two minds whether to buy a hand blender or a jug blender and decided to do some research before making my decision. After reading reviews and talking to friends and family, I found out quite quickly that the problem with a jug blender is two fold - Firstly, they are the very devil to clean after ever use and secondly, it is very difficult for some of them to blend the ingredients at the bottom of the jug.

So a hand blender it was! My next stage was to review and ask around about blenders. Top of the list from friends and family was the Tesco Value HB07 Handblender. This rated far higher within my circle of friends than any of the more expensive models. I have been 'over the moon' with this blender, it has perfomed to an extremely high standard and for well under £5 is a complete bargain to boot!

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

This hand blender from the Tesco Value range offers you real value for money.
It comes in white and has 1 speed setting. The blender has a power output of 150W and is a handy kitchen tool, ideal for any household requiring a basic function hand blender.

Assembled Dimension Depth 6
Tap No
Turbo Boost No
Weight 0.900

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

As you can see from the technical information listed above, this is a very basic blender with a one speed setting and no attachments or frills.

I started with soups and sauces and this blender is totally perfect for both. You can use it in any container that your ingredients are in and it get into all the nooks and cranies so that all the ingredients are blended perfectly. I also use it all the time for my mashed potato - this is the perfect way for light and fluffy mashed potato every time!

This blender is brilliant for precooked vegetables, fruit for smoothies, batter mixes, cake mixes and is brilliant for lovely scrambled eggs. I made borsch (beetroot soup) last week and it wizzed through the beetroot very quickly for a perfect result.

Cleaning is quick and simple. Just run the blender head under the tap! No awkward jugs to wash out and a quck dry and you are finished.

For anyone wanting lots of attachments and settings - steer clear of this blender - it is a perfect item for bog standard applications but it would not do the job at all for anyone wanting more.

A word of warning to people out there who are considering this item but have difficulty with weight - this item is on the heavy side and may be uncomfortable to use for long periods of time. Also, to switch on the blender, the on button needs to pushed and then held down for the whole time you are blending. This may also cause difficulties if you are blending for a long period of time.

Also, please also make sure that your plug sockets are quite near to the area that you are going to use to blend as the mains lead is quite short.

Overall, I am extremely happy indeed with my blender and I would recommend it to anyone- a brilliant blender!!

• Alyson29 published 10/09/2011
    I was looking at this yesterday x
  • moistbabe published 09/09/2011
    Sounds a very handy gadget x
  • misspurple7 published 09/09/2011
    I have this and it's been good to me for about two years now, it's a great gadget I use a lot