Tesco Value Ice Cream Scoop

Tesco Value Ice Cream Scoop

This ice cream scoop from our Value range is made from stainless steel, has a black handle and is dishwasher safe.

Review of "Tesco Value Ice Cream Scoop"

published 19/03/2013 | Chrisheels
Member since : 18/10/2012
Pro Cheap and functional
Cons none

"Scooping up value"

Last year I invested in an ice cream maker and have spent the last year perfecting my recipes for ice cream and sorbets. After the effort I have been putting into making decent Ice cream I thought I should add an ice cream scoop to my arsenal of cooking implements and allow myself to present my creations more presentably than can be achieved using a standard spoon.

The Ice cream Scoop

The scoop is what I would call a medium size and creates medium balls of ice cream. I've seen larger and smaller around, but this is ideal for good presentation, however may be too small for making a decent cone as found at the seaside.

The scoop consists of a stainless steels scoop imbedded in chunky black handle. The handle is easy to grip and comfortable to hold even when fighting against solidly frozen desserts. The handle also incorporates a hole into the handle to allow the scoop to be hung in prde of place in your kitchen (I prefer to stick mine in a draw as it's not really a scoop that is in my opinion worthy of display)

My main worry buying such a cheap scoop was that it would bend easily when in use however i am pleased to say that it is much more solid than expected and the scoop doesn;t move position easily....well done tescos!

The stainless steel is easy to clean and the scoop has shown no signs of wear in 6 months of ocassional use.

===The Price==

I paid just one shiny pound coin for this scoop and despite reservations have been impressed by it's functional abilities. I consider the scoop to be extremely good value.

===Summary===

The ice cream scoop does exactly what it should do, is cheap, functional and effective.