Tesco Value Mozzarella

Tesco Value Mozzarella

Review of "Tesco Value Mozzarella"

published 24/04/2011 | katykicker
Member since : 11/12/2005
Back writing & RATING! If you would like to be added to my COT please do let me know :) No need to thank me for E's unless you fancy a chat :)
Pro Fantastic price, easy to use, goes great with garlic baguettes!
Cons Could have a little more flavour.
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Home cooked Italian food at a home cooked budget price!"

I do a lot of cooking and it's just unfortunate that I am on quite a tight budget at the moment so need to try and save pennies wherever possible whilst still enjoying what I cook and subsequently eat.

I spotted this Tesco value mozzarella in the fridge section at my local Tesco store and at just 45p for a 125g packet I decided to put some in my basket and give it a try out that evening when cooking spaghetti Bolognese and I used the mozzarella for putting inside a home cooked baguette and adding garlic butter to create my own at home garlic bread.

The mozzarella is provided in a white plastic bag which has the familiar Tesco value logo on it and shows nutritional information and the use-by date etc. When I cut open the bag the mozzarella is kept fresh inside water and it is a circular shape. I simply poured away the mozzarella and then sliced it up and place it inside my bread then warmed through in the oven for around 10-12 minutes, the mozzarella melted very well and took on a very stringy texture.

The cheese had a very stringy texture and the taste was nice, cheese like of course, but not too overpowering, I was very impressed with the way it was packaged and the fact that it had been kept very fresh and was ready to use immediately. It did taste quite nice and was a welcome addition to my home made bread, my fiancé certainly seemed very pleased with his dinner and the side dish that was rather unexpected as I usually wouldn't bother during the week!

I would say that this is a bargain for any budding cooks and is very handy to have for those occasions when you don't have much money to spend yet still want to make something that's authentic looking and tasty. I am rating this mozzarella 4/5 and would definitely consider using it again if my budget was tight and I was making an Italian dish.

Summary: A fantastic bag of cheese that's very easy to use and tastes good.