Sunnysmil... 4

Member since:22.07.2005

Video reviews:1

Handy home shredder

15.10.2011

Advantages:
affordable

Disadvantages:
Doesn't shred a lot of paper at one time

Performance

2. eve6kicksass
  3. Alyson29
  1. KathEv
  2. catsholiday

I work from home and have a lot of paperwork to get through as well as the household bills to manage and I find that I accumulate stacks of paperwork, doing my own accounts and filing I usually have to have three copies of each document, one for the tax man, one for my accounts and one for my files.

The paperwork mounts up and every now and then I have to go through it and get rid of the files, documents and old paperwork, but with security always first on my mind when it comes to puting my paperwork in the bin.
I decided to buy a shedder as I don't want my details to just end up in the bin where they may be found, shredding gives me piece of mind.
So, I bought a Tesco Value 7L Paper Shredder and Bin. This cost me £7.97 which is a bargain.

This is a basic shredder made of plastic and the bin is 7l so it holds a bit of paperwork before you have to empty it, the shredder comes neatly boxed in two parts and you pop the top on the bin and then can shred away until your hearts content.

It says it does five sheets at a time but I found this a bit of a struggle but three sheets was no problem at all so I shredded three at a time.

It shreds A4 size paper no problem and has auto start and stop. It plugs into the mains and there is a easy to follow instruction leaflet included.

This is a simple design and does the job of shredding the paper well, it doesn't do thin cardboard or thicker than the five sheets it advertises.
I find this handy to use in my home office and it's quiet to use compared to my other office equipment.

All in all im happy to recommend this to you, it's cheap to buy and easy to use.

Alyson29 15.10.2011 18:34

I would be so lost without our shredder x

LadyValkyrie 15.10.2011 15:12

We need a new one - our Wilko one of similar design is very dodgy and temperamental.

catsholiday 15.10.2011 14:00

Does the job but slowly it seems!