tb240904 4

About me: Orange!

Member since:09.05.2009

Tesco Everyday Value Pine Disinfectant

17.06.2012

Advantages:
Cheap, smells fresh, disinfects

Disadvantages:
Takes a little more to have the same results as the named brands

38 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. kimwright
  2. gingelou
  3. char2011

While I was living alone last year in halls of residence at University, I quickly discovered I had to clean my room myself. I was also sick a lot, partially because of the large quantities of alcohol I was consuming (all down to peer pressure Ė I lived with some real alcoholics), but also because I was often ill. This meant I needed a decent disinfectant which got rid of all of the germs and bacteria. As a student, I couldnít afford named brands but I found Tesco Value Pine Disinfectant worked very well and left a lovely smell behind it. (note: Tesco Value has recently undergone a rebranding and is now known as Tesco Everyday Value).

At 31p a bottle, itís much cheaper than what I was previously buying. I had been buying bottles of Dettol from Instore (now Poundstretcher Extra) at two for £2.50, which are now £2 each. I believe this is quite cheap for Dettol, but as soon as I found I could get a product that works just as well a little cheaper, I did. It does take more of the Tesco Value Disinfectant to clean than it does Dettol, but I still think it represents good value for money.

Do you need to use much for each clean?

I didnít use that much. I would hold a cloth over the top of the bottle and turn ir over, soaking the cloth in the disinfectant. It took three or four times doing this to clean my entire room (which was tiny, just a sink, a desk, a bed and a wardrobe, plus a fridge which was a later addition). I did not like using this disinfectant for my fridge (which I cleaned thoroughly before and after the Christmas and Easter breaks when I was away for roughly two weeks). I liked the pine scent but it didnít leave the fridge for weeks after I first cleaned it using the disinfectant so I didnít use it again.

Smell

This is pine disinfectant and you can really smell the pine. I know a lot of people donít like the smell of pine but I love it. I think it makes the place smell nice and fresh and reminds me of car fresheners.

Colour

The colour is a deep emerald green. It doesn't stain when left to soak in like some cleaning products and washes away easily.

Irritable to skin?

I didnít use gloves when using this product (I only use gloves when Iím using bleach) but my hands werenít irritated by it. I have also used this disinfectant as a handwash, with twelve lids full diluted in a basin full of water. I worked with harsh chemicals on occasion in Biology classes and, although there were adequate facilities for washing my hands before leaving the class, I liked to make sure there was nothing at all on my hands, especially before preparing food. Tesco Value disinfectant is quite mild, even when undiluted.

Longlasting effects?

I cleaned my room thoroughly at least once a week, or if Iíd been ill as soon as Iíd gotten better. I feel there was no need to use the disinfectant more often than this, as my room looked and smelt clean for the entire time between cleanings.

Would I recommend it to a friend?

This product represents good value for money and cleans well so I would indeed recommend it to a friend.

Availability

This disinfectant is available only at Tesco and is a mere 31p a bottle.

Pictures of Tesco Value Pine Disinfectant
Tesco Value Pine Disinfectant IDShot_225x225 (4) - Tesco Value Pine Disinfectant
Tesco Everyday Value Pine Disinfectant - new look bottle

tune57 18.06.2012 13:28

I pour this down our ouside drains, seems to do the job.

angelboouk123 17.06.2012 23:26