Tesco Value Softwood Bedding

Tesco Value Softwood Bedding

Nests & Nesting Materials

Review of "Tesco Value Softwood Bedding"

published 23/04/2012 | Kristoph23
Member since : 07/01/2012
Finally back to do some more reviews been over a year, wow time flies.
Good
Pro It does its job
Cons The dusty type smell you get
Design & Look

"Nap Time"

I have two guinea pigs and they live in luxury compared to some animals with this rather over the top cage and it can take forever to change the bedding at the bottom.

I usually go to a local pet store in the area and obtain my bedding but they were out of stock last time so had to settle for the first time with Tesco's very own branded bedding.

At first it looked decent enough inside this foot long packet and it seemed to be the perfect solution for me but for £1.99 I was gobsmacked so I got just the one to try it out because otherwise I would be wasting money.

I noticed when I opened the bedding it had a smell of wood and it was weird what the other smell was it was almost like that wood you see in DIY stores which is treated and you smell a substance on them it was very much like that.

It came out the packet in a big lump and then I had to break it down to get it to become the bedding and this was the part I found annoying. I never noticed that when I took the bedding out the packet there was quite a few loose pieces all over the floor but that was not the biggest problem it was the sense that I couldn't breathe.

It was like dust creeping into my nose yet I couldn't really see any so I began sneezing and coughing. I was nervous if this was going to cause a problem for my guinea pigs because they are sensitive little creatures anyways.

The bale was easy to take apart but some pieces felt a bit rough round the edges compared to my usual bale I get so this was something else that was different.

After a few days I found that it needed changing and it was easy to gather up but I could still feel this urge to cough and sneeze and since have never brought any again. The problem is that you think it is going to be average due to the branding on the pack.

However with the price being what it was you somehow expect it to be a miracle bale with no problems because you never see Tesco Value products appear more expensive then bales you get elsewhere.

I would recommend to people who get this just get the one to try first because it might be something they put with this bedding that made me sneeze and cough and might not be anything wrong with the bedding at all.

I would hope that Tesco reduce the price for this because £2 for such a small amount is really bad especially when I get usually 3 times the amount for the same amount elsewhere usually so the price is rather high for me

• daisyleex published 23/04/2012