Tesco Value Strawberry Cheesecake

Tesco Value Strawberry Cheesecake

Cheesecake

Review of "Tesco Value Strawberry Cheesecake"

published 07/03/2010 | milly234
Member since : 28/12/2009
Pro no mess, cheap
Cons too sweet
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"Good For Cheesecake Cravings"

I bought a few of these when they were reduced at Tesco the other day and they really have been devoured by myself and my housemates. I know, they are tesco value and they are cheap anyway but I thought that when I saw them at 8p a pot (I believe they are usually about 44p) I would take the punt and see what they were like. I have been positively surprised.

These beauties don't look particularly special, they come in a little clear pot and you can see the layers of goodness inside and they just have a stark white red and blue (tesco value) foil label on the top. I really dont think that much thought has gone into making a nice label on this one and this product will stick out as a cheapie to any of you who are bothered about that kind of thing.

Most of the nutritional info and what not is printed onto the side of the plastic tub where it says it is suitable for vegetarians and it contains 235colories per 100g pot. Brilliant..

The cheesecake comes in 3 layers (as most do); a biscuit base, a layer of cheesey stuff and then a sweet strawberry sauce layer on the top. I guess you are meant to eat these all together from the pot and this makes them really good for lunch boxes as there really is very little mess. The three layers taste reeally nice together and my only bad point is that the whole thing is a little sweet. I like the strawberry sauce, it actually has little lumps of strawberries and it is a nice red colour (not that you'll see me licking it from the lid honest...), the cheese layer is not very cheesy - this might bother some of you but I actually liked it, it was rather like a blandly philadelphia flavoured sweet mousse... If that makes any sense? The biscuit base was pretty tasty but again, a tad too sweet. It didn't fall apart too much though which was great and this seemed to be because it was very compact in the pot. They all tasted good together and I really likeed it because you don't have to buy a full on massive cheese cake just if you have a craving or something one day!

I think it is a nice treat but I won't be buying it for a while as it isn't something I really have and I thought it was a little too sweet. Maybe if I ever have cheesecake cravings though!!