Joe_purdy 4

Joe_purdy

Member since:30.12.2011

Tesco Value 7L Strip Cut Shredder

04.01.2012

Advantages:
Cheap at under £10

Disadvantages:
Can easily get jammed if the paper is not put in at a perfect straight angle

28 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Elysia2003
  2. helen190390
  3. ames123
  1. anonymili

==Introduction==

Since turning eighteen two years ago and going into full time employment I started to get alot more important, confidential documents including wage slips and bank statements and they were starting to mount up at home, I knew it wasnít an option just to throw them in the bin so decided that it was time to invest in a paper shredder. Working at Tesco, while on my lunch break I decided to go and check out what shredders they had on offer an went for the Tesco value shredder as I didnít want nor need a fancy shredder just one that was going to shred my confidential information. I paid £8 for this product.

==About the product==

The shredder is quite small and is also quite light. The shredder is black and is made from plastic. The capacity of the shredder is 7 litres which is plenty for me as it was just for personal use although may not be any good if you work in an office and would be using quite alot during the day. The shredder needs a power socket nearby to use. The shredder states that it can take up to 5 sheets of paper at a time although I stuck to just doing 2 at a time because it seemed to cope better with this. I tried putting in a piece of thick paper/card although it was too thick so this machine is only really of use to you if you want to shred paper.

To use the shredder you need to plug it in and turn it to ďonĒ you then feed the paper through the slot in the top, the paper then sets shredded into 7mm strips which is enough for no details to still be readable, once i have a pile of shredded paper I then use it for bedding for the guinea pigs and they seem to love it, so by the time they have finished with it Iím pretty sure no one will be able to get their hands on any of my information.

If the paper is not fed in carefully it can from time to time get stuck, although there is a reverse button although this only actually works half the time, Iíve found myself having to take the top off and take the paper out manually myself which does take some time and at this point Iím wishing I went for a bit of a better shredder! Although saying this Iíve never actually had a problem with the shredder itself its always turned on fine and always done as its told, the only reason it has jammed is because the paper has not be fed in at a perfect straight angle.

==Summary==

Iíve had this shredder for just over a year now and itís still working with no problems, itís quite compact so I just keep it out on my desk, it does get used quite regularly and the only problem Iíve had with it is the jamming although this is probably my own fault, if you careful with the shredder you probably not going to have any problems with it, considering I only paid £8 this product Iím quite happy with it although if it was ever to stop working I think I would go for a better brand one next time as my mum also has a shredder and paid about £20 and it just seems better in general, all in all i would rate this shredder 7/10.

catsholiday 05.01.2012 18:08

That is a very good price you paid.

GillyMN 05.01.2012 15:51

Some useful advice there about getting rid of personal documents.