Review of "Tesco Value Strip Cut Shredder"

published 08/01/2012 | popmusicfan
Member since : 04/01/2012
Good
Pro It's cheap.
Cons Clogs easily.
Performance
User's Manual

"Not bad for personal use - Tesco Value Shredder "

I paid £9.97 for this Tesco Value shredder. It's black in colour, sleek in shape and size and shreds five pieces of paper at a time (so it claims). It can be run by mains power and is easy to use and install. It can be a little messy, so make sure you're careful when you empty it as it's far too easy to be covered in shredded paper! The shredder does it's job but it can clog easily so make sure you don't overload it.

I shred two or three pieces of paper at the same time as I find that five pieces of paper (A4) can clog the motor and stop the shredder from working. This is a reverse button, however I find that it only works around 70% of the time. I've had to go to the trouble of unclogging it myself many times (with a standard kitchen knife). This can be a bit tedious.

The shredder cuts off automatically after fifteen minutes to cool itself down. After five minutes you can start shredding again. Initially I found this a bit of a hassle but it doesn't bother me too much now. I've learnt to do all my shredding in less than fifteen minutes (and I shred a LOT of paper!).

It has it's flaws but it's not bad for the price. It gets you by anyway. I would recommend it for non office work.